Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommendation NETGEAR WGR614 Cable/DSL 54 Mbps Wireless Router

• 25-10-2006 9:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

NETGEAR WGR614 Cable/DSL 54 Mbps Wireless Router.

Just got this in the post yesterday (€50 from Komplett) to set up a wireless network for my Digiweb Metro service.

Have to say I was very surprised on how easy it was to install and get up and running (have lots of experience with computers, and work in the industry but I've heard horror stories about setting up some routers). Hooked up my PC with a Netgear wireless card, a Dell laptop with a Belkin wireless card, another Dell with the standard wireless card Dell supplies, and a Xbox 360 using cable to the router.

Has an easy to use Wizard to get it up and running and helping to set-up wireless security. Physically it a nice, small, box, has 4 ethernet ports for hooking PCs using cable, and also comes with clips so you can stand it on it's side if you wish.

A joy too for Xbox 360, which is imfamous for being a bit of a b*tch to set-up with certain routers. For those interested, this is version 7 of the router.

All in all, it's a great little wireless router for the good price of €50 and I just thought i'd post this to help people shopping for one. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭maco

Hi,

Got this router as well last week, tried to install the whole day today but it seems to be not working.

I am currently using eircom broadband, followed the wizard installation manage finish the whole installation. All the lights were blinking properly, I could see the internet connection from the router, it seems to be working fine . . .

My problem is whenever I connect to internet, or click my browser it cannot find the internets connection with the message Page not found?

I might miss some steps in installation ? I did not notice entering my user name and user password during the installation, any idea what else to be set up manually?

Thanks . . .
    Maco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Hiya.

You say you can see the internet connection from the router. Comms between the modem and router should be okay so.

Did you trying pluging your PC/laptop directly into the modem and make sure you are connecting okay with the outside world from there?

I presume you have the fixed or wireless connection between you PC and router working okay.

Double check the connection settings on your internet browser and that they are configured properly. In Internet Explorer for instance make sure you select the "Never dial a connection" option.

Try then to access the routers set-up webpage (the address is in the manual somewhere.)

You might have all these things checked already, I don't know.

Another thing is that Eircom's service and modem equipment can be a bit awkward sometimes to get working with some routers.

Let me know how you get on and I'll try to come up with more ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

will this work well with digiweb wireless?
    i wanna connect my laptop[ allready wireless enabled] and my wii

Advertisement