Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pre-overclocked hardware ?

• 25-10-2006 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Is there anyone that sells pre-overclocked hardware any more ?

I'm looking to build a gaming rig, but don't really want to spend time & energy overclocking it and tweaking it till it's just right. I'd rather pay someone fifty quid to do it for me, so I can bitch if stuff starts crashing later!

overclockers.co.uk used to do it, but don't seem to anymore. Failing that, I'll just wait till the new AMD chips come out, and see how they overclock. Usually their first batch of new stuff is always very tweakable.

John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Your not going to find many pre-overclocked pcs out there, most company's don't do it because of stability problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

valen wrote:
    I'd rather pay someone fifty quid to do it for me, so I can bitch if stuff starts crashing later!

I call dibs :D

Ship the stuff to me and i'll read up on it and tweak if for you. You can then collect it off me when its all build and tweaked. But for the same reason that companies don't like OC'in products, there is no guarantees that in less that 2 years the thing blows up/melts down/BSODS all over the gaff. OC is not an exact science, so your OC'd system might last 10 years, it might last 1. Thats the risk an OC junkie takes. Plus down the line when something starts to fail and you haven't got the 1337 H4x0r 5K1LLz to troubleshoot i'm not available ;)

PM me and i'll give you my shipping address :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

There are a few companys that sell pre overclocked graphics cards, Sapphire, XFX and BFG are the main ones. But thats about it for the individual hardware.

The only realy difference between a reference card and the one mentioned above is higher clock speeds for the core and memory. And sometimes a upgraded cooler. Gainward ar known for their huge coolers. With their golden sample range.

You wont find pre overclocked ram, or cpu's. What you will find instead is called "enthuiast" hardware, Made for overclockers.

there are a few companys that do sell Pre overclocked pcs, But They cost a fortune. The rhino that pog posted is 7000£ fully specced.

The other companys are:

Vadim
    Savrow
    Demonite
    scan
    wired2fire
    dell ( xps ) not really overclocked, but still performance

There are numerous others too, But for best value for money, It is always cheaper to buy parts individually, And from different locations.

like:

www.komplett.ie
    www.overclockers.co.uk

Anyway Best of luck with the build. And let us know how you get on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Extreme Prometeia do them too, just contact the owner, he's a sound guy.
    http://www.extremeprometeia.com/

these are lovley systems and are phase cooled aswell ;)
    he does watercooled systems too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

EVGA do pre overclocked cards, and have a good reputation, but the my 7900GT wasn't stable at the shipped speed with the stock cooler, but luckily I only used that for about an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

Get an Asus Board and use the n-tune software to overclock your computer
    for you its the lazy way of doing it .

Advertisement