Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MS Direct Push

• 25-10-2006 10:05am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone using direct push via Exchange 2003? I have a HTC Hermes from Voda and im finding it just stops syncing after a while. When it stops if I go to IE and try to browse I just get wblank pages no matter what site I go to. I have to power cycle to get mail and browsing back.

So far it has great potential but I wnat my Blackberry back!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Rew wrote:
    Anyone using direct push via Exchange 2003? I have a HTC Hermes from Voda and im finding it just stops syncing after a while. When it stops if I go to IE and try to browse I just get wblank pages no matter what site I go to. I have to power cycle to get mail and browsing back.

I use MS Direct Push on a HTC Tornado, and it works fine. Syncing with mail2web.com free exchange account so I just forward all email to that account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Rew wrote:

I also use it with my iMate Jasjar, works very well.

Perhaps check to see if there is a firmware upgrade available from Vodafone, or flash it to a generic version

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Turned out to be incorrect provsioning on my SIM works fine now.

Voda butchered the OS on the v1605 (htc hermes) though. No Pocket MSN, shourtcuts to tasks, notes and a few other things missing and You cannt link taks back to the today screen. Pitty coz its a very nice handset.

Whats the story with flashinging to generic versions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Rew wrote:

Voda butchered the OS on the v1605 (htc hermes) though. No Pocket MSN, shourtcuts to tasks, notes and a few other things missing and You cannt link taks back to the today screen. Pitty coz its a very nice handset.

Goto www.xda-developers.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

Rew wrote:

Rew you will have to unlock the phone in two ways :

1.) Sim Unlock, as Skearon pointed out XDA Developers is a good referal site
    2.) CID Unlock this basically lets you flash a different rom from the orginal vendor, but please note you should note all settings for Web(GPRS),WAP(GPRS) and MMS unless you find a way to extract the *.cab file from the rom

As metioned Mail2web is perfect for the likes of fowarding your mail to and it will push automatically then to your phone (This requires a constant GPRS connection)

Goto mail2web.com and look for mail2web live this will give you the required activesync settings or the cab files for your phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭Flankerb

Hi Rew,
    Where did you get v1605 shop or online.
    thanks Karl

Flying wrote:
    Rew you will have to unlock the phone in two ways :

As metioned Mail2web is perfect for the likes of fowarding your mail to and it will push automatically then to your phone (This requires a constant GPRS connection)

Goto mail2web.com and look for mail2web live this will give you the required activesync settings or the cab files for your phone

Thanks for the info guys. Works perfevtly with my exchange server setup (font end serever in DMZ and backend server). I even got mail on my device today before it arived to the laptop outlook.
    Flankerb wrote:
    Hi Rew,
    Where did you get v1605 shop or online.
    thanks Karl

I bought it directly from my Voda account manager for about 300 + VAT. I have a Qtec 9100 as well which is the previous HTC model. The 9100's OS isnt as butchered as the v1605. it still has pocket MSN and the proper today screen.

v1605 is def a better device purly by the addtion of the extra buttons etc.

Ill post a few pics up in a min.

Vodafone V1605/VPA Compact III (HTC Hermes) V's Qtec 9100 (HTC Wizzard)
    img3342zx4.th.jpgimg3350jh9.th.jpgimg3353im7.th.jpgimg3357pe5.th.jpgimg3362ig0.th.jpg
    img3366wm7.th.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

How do you find the battery on it compared to the Wizard (my current company phone), Is the keyboard still as good as the previous model.

Also have you looked at the Various AKU 3.2 ROM's they are mostly beta's except the ETEN X500 or 300 I think.

The newer AKU release has better support for Direct Push than the AKU 2.0 and 2.3 ROM's

I find the keyboard better. If you look at the pic you will see that they have changed the locations of the alt charecters on the key board and changed the position of the numbers.

What really stands out on the Hermes is how little you need to pull out the stilus if at all.

I havent noticed any significant differance in battery life. id tend to charge them quite often anyway.

Haven't looked in to an ROM flashing yet at all, I read up on some of the newer AKU's alright, dint know it was up to 3.2.

• Advertisement

Hi Rew,
    How do you get in touch with one of these account managers do you have be a business customer or will they deal with normal retail. I have tried normal customer support but the keep telling me they have heard nothing about this phone. I have 3g data connect card but the v1605 would be handy for when I dont want to bring a laptop with me. I wonder is there any store that carries this model. thanks Karl

Not sure were a busniess customer with 10 or 15 phones, I'll PM you my account managers email and im sure he could sort you out.

There is the V1640 (HTC Universal) as well BTW. but its over €500.

Iv had a few PM's from people who cannt seem to get there hands on V160's form Voda. Iv emailed my account manager to see what the story is so ill posty up his reply.

Cheers for the PM Rew, I will wait and see how you get on with your mail first.
    Thanks Karl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

cheers,seems voda are keeping little secrets from mainstream customers!wonder if they have e70 hiding in there too!:p
    look forward to the reply,thanks rew!

regards
    damo

He said to email him and he will see what he can do. Im not going to post it up publiclay so PM on its way. Let me know how it pans out.

I have 4 more V1605's due this morning so there def available!!

Advertisement