Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem opening thread

Options
  • 25-10-2006 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

Everytime I try to open the "To all the Christians on the forum" thread in the Christianity forum I get a runtime error message saying that IE was aked to close in an unusual way :confused: and then IE closes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ouch. Have you tried it in another browser like Firefox? link

I don't see anything there that looks like it would cause a crash. Try disabling javascript on your browser to see if that makes a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭nando

I tried it again in IE and I got a different message saying IE had experienced a problem with an add-on and had to close - the add-on was a McAfee Anti-Phishing product. I thought I had removed all of McAfee from my computer months ago so not sure what that's about.

Anyway it is fine in Firefox.

Thanks.

Edited to add: Just spent 10 mins doing a chat-help session with McAfee to get rid *properly* of their product which was corrupt - they were very nice. About the only thing I enjoyed about McAfee - uninstalling it!

Anyway the problem is now no longer there in IE either.

Thanks.

Advertisement