Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

illustrator questions

Options
  • 25-10-2006 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

two questions in regards to illustrator

first up im producing a banner ad for print in a particular size yet when i save it as a jpeg it shows all of the rest of the white of the canvas outside of the boundaries that i specified when i created the document why is this and how do i stop it from doing that ?

also when i bring in a jpeg or eps of a particular logo it looks edge and pixelatted in the .ai file yet when i save to a jpeg it looks ok, why is this?

cheers !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

question 1 - draw a box around the artwork, and go Object - Crop Area - Make

the reason a jpg may look better on screen is that it would be anti-aliased, basically blended for a smoother appearance, but why are you sending a jpg for print? dont do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭crybaby

hehe ah no i would never do that, but if i send it as an EPS will it print Ok or will it maintain that pixellated look?

also how do i get rid of the four crop boundary marks on the EPS file?

if the eps is vector based that'll be find, if its not and it started out as a bitmap it'll be no better than a bitmap

ah right well someone else did it so not sure on that front

also how do i get rid of the four crop boundary marks on the EPS file? as in make them invisible

they are for indicating cutting, but they arnt actually on the art, so leave them be, if/when you save as a pdf they'll dissapear unless you specify otherwise.

making the crop area is only needed to get rid off the white in your jpg, otherwise just stick with your document size.

• Advertisement

i have to send it to them as an EPS so I presume its normal for them to get ads with those markings still on them?

release the crop area, there is no need for it (that was just in relation to your jpg question)

cheers for all the answers heggie, very good of you

Advertisement