Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Problem

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

piraka wrote:
    Moral of the story, "always check the date in Tesco". Has anyone noticed that short dated products are always placed at the front of the counter. I was nearly caught out a couple of times.

Bad management not to give a refund. Bad news travels.

Thats called stock rotation and is proper practice in any business that sells products with use by dates. Otherwise , if the new stock came in and kept gettinmg put in front of the old stuff you'd end up with months old sausages at the back biodegrading. How appealing would that be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭piraka

Stekelly wrote:
    Thats called stock rotation and is proper practice in any business that sells products with use by dates. Otherwise , if the new stock came in and kept gettinmg put in front of the old stuff you'd end up with months old sausages at the back biodegrading. How appealing would that be.

I do not shop with the intention of buying product that has to be consumed the next day. I have gone to counters and picked up the first pack with the following day expiry and not found out till I got home. I only buy short dated product with the intention of freezing.

It is a situation of buyer beware.

Always go to the back end of the counter and the short dated sausages will be left biodegrading at the front The store will get the message and can remove quickly to the short dated counter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

piraka wrote:
    Always go to the back end of the counter and the short dated sausages will be left biodegrading at the front The store will get the message and can remove quickly to the short dated counter.
    It generally doesn't go that far because they fill the back with the new ones. The ones at the front will have a date e.g. 2 weeks away and at the back they have 3 weeks to go. Most ppl do weekly shopping so it makes no difference which ones they buy.

tbh any supermarket that doesnt do this is under incompetant management

Advertisement