Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of trading in......

Options
  • 25-10-2006 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭

With the next-gen console battle on the horizon and all that, I was thinking of trading in my current consoles into one of the shops. I'm a bit confused about the whole thing though so I have a few questions;

Which shops actually do trade-ins?
    Which shops give the best value, in your experience?
    Do they accept consoles for trade-in or only games?
    Do any of the shops give cash, or is it all store credit?
    If it is store credit, does it have to be used immeiately or would I get a voucher?

Thanks for your help guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Which shops actually do trade-ins?
    GAME, Gamestop & Smyths ( that i know of ).
    Do they accept consoles for trade-in or only games?
    GAME & Gamestop accept both, Smyths for sure do games but im not sure on consoles.
    Do any of the shops give cash, or is it all store credit?
    They give both, however for cash with GAME you need some form of photo ID and be over 18 years of age but for store credit you don't need ID and can be any age.
    Which shops give the best value, in your experience?
    From what i know:
    - GAME give more for your games (and also 10% more when they give you promo stickers to put on your games) but they give less for your console.
    - Gamestop give you more for your consoles but much less for your games.

Im not sure about the other stores on value. Go around to each one and see what you can get for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

great, thanks :)

Advertisement