Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cracked digital camera screen

Options
  • 25-10-2006 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hello,
    Just wondering if anyone can help me or if anyone has had this happen to them before.

I have a pretty new samsung camera that's worth a bit. Low and behold, was out in town on Friday night and dropped it and the screen cracked and it's all black and white and gooey.

The camera is still working fine and it still takes photos, I just can't see them.

Can this be fixed???? and would it be covered by warrenty??? (I have a warrenty)

Ps. I am posting this as I haven't any time to bring it back to the shop at the moment in case you wondering why I didn't just do that.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

There's a place on Herbert Place, Dublin 2 which can carry out the work you need done, but beware, it's not cheap. I can't recall the name of the place but it's in the ground floor of a Georgian house about 50m from Baggot St. Bridge. They also come recommended by most of the good camera shops in Dublin, because I rang around first!

To get the screen replaced will set you back in the region of €200 and is probably not worth it in the long run, unless your camera is seriously expensive. The screen wouldn't be covered for accidental damage. However, if it was bought by Visa card less than 90 days ago, you could ask your credit providor if it's covered by the Visa purchase protection.

I opted not to bother and bought another (better) camera on e-bay for the money it would have cost to fix the old one. The old one still works, I just can't use the screen and have to use the viewfinder instead, making it perfect for nights on the town when you're likely to drop your camera!

Advertisement