Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cleaning solution for piercings!?

Options
  • 25-10-2006 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Has anybody got any ideas about a decent cleaning solution for piercings?
    I have a scaffold and lobe piercing on my left ear(top bit of the scoffold is still slightly infected)
    and i have a top of the ear normal ring piercing on my right ear which for some reason,after being perfectly healed for about 2 months just flamed up again!

Ssalt and water is ok but I think I need something stronger!

any suggestions of what people may have tried also would be great!!:D

paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Stick with salt and water, maybe make it more concentrated. you may end up just irritating it more if you use anything else

did you sleep on it?
    thats the most common reason for me when things (rarely) flare up

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

make sure you're not using table salt.......yes people do that

Get saline solution from a chemist, it's salt water, but the water is more pure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

A quater tea spoon of SEA salt in a cup of bolied water is one of the best things you can use, home made saline solution, works a treat. Clean using a cotton bud no more than 3 times a day for about 6 weeks. Dont touch it unless your cleaning it and make sure your hands are well washed first. The cartiledge is a bitch to heal, stick with it.

Otherwise try find yourself a Benzelakonium Chloride based cleaning solution which will be harder to find if your not near a prefessional piercing studio, have a route around in a chemists maybe. Best thing you can use for healing piercings.

Also start taking a Zinc suplement or one containing Zinc, promotes healing.

DONT BE AT IT!! Your hands are always dirty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭boss^is^dead

thats a lot of help you guys!sure I'll report back and tell you if my ear has fallen off by then!;)

thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭boss^is^dead

lo and behold!persistant cleaning..ie..3 tmes a day of salt and water and hey presto,we're nearly fully healed again!

Thanks a lot you guys! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭topher182

id stick with salt water if i were u!! its the best i think! whenever i used solution i got from metal morphosis it made things worse!

Advertisement