Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warning - do NOT buy the Samsung x680

• 25-10-2006 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

do NOT buy the Samsung x680

http://www.meteor.ie/makethemove/phones_samsung_x680.html

I got this on 14th october and i had NOTHING but trouble with it- mms wernt working- mms settings couldnt be sent as the phone does not support them...I had nothing but grief and i eventually changed it for another phone which i have had no trouble with at all!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

According to a few reviews the Samsung x680 does support MMS, did you not just enter the settings manually? Wouldn't this be more of a Meteor issue than the phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The 680 does support MMS....

I think what you must mean is that they don't have settings on the meteor website for it. It doesn't matter, you can input settings manually. Although, the phone should have come with the settings already active.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

It does support mms. Networks will often say they don't have the settings for your phone. Which is rubbush as they settings come from them. Really it means that they don't know the menu structure of the phone, and so can't direct you to where to enter in the settings manually. That and it isn't on their site yet. If you go into your networks store / look on the sticky on this forum you can find your settings and enter them manually. Or even send out settings for a similar phone. What you receive as a message is just text that you install. I think the D600 is on the sites, try that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

firstly, the phoneis a good reliable phone with a lot of memory for a cheap phone.

Secondly, as a rule, most samsungs arent well supported by meteor excepting the ones they release themselves. you should be able to find the settings or get tehm sent if you ring up customer care.

thirdly, well, i dunno, i dont like ppl who put up such stupid titles on a complaint that few/no otehr ppl have had

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

Ruu wrote:
    According to a few reviews the Samsung x680 does support MMS, did you not just enter the settings manually? Wouldn't this be more of a Meteor issue than the phone?

no even when the shop put them in manually they wouldnt work

• Advertisement

Tree wrote:
    firstly, the phoneis a good reliable phone with a lot of memory for a cheap phone.

Secondly, as a rule, most samsungs arent well supported by meteor excepting the ones they release themselves. you should be able to find the settings or get tehm sent if you ring up customer care.

thirdly, well, i dunno, i dont like ppl who put up such stupid titles on a complaint that few/no otehr ppl have had

EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will complain about it id nothing but trouble with it -You assume its a good phone but its not-You cant even put ringtones you get through bluetooth as ringtones you have to buy them before they will allow you to put them as ringtones!

HavoK wrote:
    The 680 does support MMS....

I think what you must mean is that they don't have settings on the meteor website for it. It doesn't matter, you can input settings manually. Although, the phone should have come with the settings already active.

They do have the setting for it on the meteor website but when they came through on the phone it said "invalid file format"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The X680 is an excellent phone. I have come across that MMS issue once, but a swap out of the phone sorted the problem. That was the one problem I have ever had with any Samsung phones. They may be basic but they are reliable.

Advertisement