Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newcastle Skatepark, Co. Down

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Chong1

JahEerie wrote:
    There's somethin 'messy' bout Ramp City alrite
    - not just that, but I think it doesn't really feel like a skatepark- Imho.

I was in ramp city last nite, have to say i enjoyed myself, but as you say, fu*ckin messy! Theres little holes in the ramps everywhere, badly laid out, the half-pipe is horrible, the pyrimid is really wierd, why is it so small.

I just thought the funboxes and ledges were pretty cool. Went to bushy on Sat, had a little skate but didnt stay long as the place was totally packed, gonnatry and get there early next sat, get a decent skate in, the bowls are pretty cool.

Gonna try hit lucan this weekend also, i hear that lucan is the best speaking a couple of peeps at ramp city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Personally i prefer Bushy but lucan can be quiet good! for once in my life I am happy that i work at weekends!!!! Havent been skating in ramp city just viewed it from afar. But now that bushy is closer and i just love carving those bowls and grinding that loooovely copin in the deep end. i think I'm in love with the deep end!!! My wife finds herself a bit of a skate widow at the moment!! :rolleyes:
    ****, better be careful cos a girl once broke it off with me cos i played to much Countrer strike!! But hey at least I'm getting exercise when im skating!
    Peace
    Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 will_c

JahEerie wrote:
    There's somethin 'messy' bout Ramp City alrite
    - not just that, but I think it doesn't really feel like a skatepark
    Chong wrote:
    badly laid out

hit the nail on the head there!
    Chong wrote:
    Gonna try hit lucan this weekend also, i hear that lucan is the best speaking a couple of peeps at ramp city

let us know when your gonna be out, there'll be a few of us out in lucan sometime over the weekend, have a bit of a session!

• Site Banned Posts: 59 ✭✭boarderco

tru about ramp city, pitty they could done so much, but irish skaters
    should be so stoked on anything at all, especially indoors and dry.
    blayney n i used to have to go to the Uk (radlands rip, they best place ever!! thanks to the mr ince!) to get to a skatepark. 24 hours n boat n train, no sleep then skate all day!!
    but at least ramp city is dry, its hard to skate but thats what kinda makes it interesting, pitty the trannies are all wrong.. but what can ya do..
    peace out
    wg

www.boardercoeire.com
    (direct mailorder)

true that!
    but judgin by the parks that are coming to ireland in the future, it wont be long before a council will be convinced to do the right thing and build an all weather skatepark!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

yeah wayne G speaks the truth. . .
    or when all else fails....
    BUILD A RAMP WITH A ROOF ON IT LIKE WE DID!!!
    r.i.p
    (stnking neighbours)
    rampflip.jpg

will_c wrote:

let us know when your gonna be out, there'll be a few of us out in lucan sometime over the weekend, have a bit of a session!

Yeah, thats sounds cool, prob try to get there saturday sometime, earlier rather than later to avoid all the kids.

let me know when u thinkin about headin up there, see if we can hook up for a session.

moonboy wrote:
    yeah wayne G speaks the truth. . .
    or when all else fails....
    BUILD A RAMP WITH A ROOF ON IT LIKE WE DID!!!
    r.i.p
    (stnking neighbours)
    rampflip.jpg

Dude, ramp looks awesome!! Well done, i'm hoping to build a mini in the near future, materials are fu*kin expensive tho.

Love to have a sess on that bad ass ramp if your up for it?

Chong wrote:
    Yeah, thats sounds cool, prob try to get there saturday sometime, earlier rather than later to avoid all the kids.

let me know when u thinkin about headin up there, see if we can hook up for a session.

right now im thinkin of heading out tomorrow evening bout 3ish coz ive a physics lab thingy on for school on saturday morning :(

but sure pm me your mobile number and we'll sort something out!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

Chong wrote:
    Dude, ramp looks awesome!! Well done, i'm hoping to build a mini in the near future, materials are fu*kin expensive tho.

Love to have a sess on that bad ass ramp if your up for it?
    reread that post dude.
    this ramp is Resting In Pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 59 ✭✭boarderco

true buddy, wood aint cheap. i remember when we ordered the wood for rampnrail! oh my god! brooks where very happy people that day.
    check out the link, below, i be trying to sort out a good ol barn ramp
    for the wintery weather. if ya interested let me know n ill put ya on the list
    once there's enough people that are willing to pay out a little doh then its time to build. the materials for a well built mini will cost 2 grand r so.
    well happy surfing,skating rolling
    http://www.boardercoeire.com/Blog/C15DF677-5F3C-419F-A105-D8E36D2EBD8C.html

moonboy wrote:
    reread that post dude.
    this ramp is Resting In Pieces.

Sh1t! whoops, didn't quite get that.

boarderco wrote:
    true buddy, wood aint cheap. i remember when we ordered the wood for rampnrail! oh my god! brooks where very happy people that day.
    check out the link, below, i be trying to sort out a good ol barn ramp
    for the wintery weather. if ya interested let me know n ill put ya on the list
    once there's enough people that are willing to pay out a little doh then its time to build. the materials for a well built mini will cost 2 grand r so.
    well happy surfing,skating rolling
    http://www.boardercoeire.com/Blog/C15DF677-5F3C-419F-A105-D8E36D2EBD8C.html

Yeah deffo, well up for that! Only thing is man, its fair enough building a ramp, gettin the money for it, gettin tools for it, materials etc etc, watever. But the problem i've often come across in my time is a dry, is havin accessible place for the ramp. Ya know wat i'm sayin, but of course if u know of somewhere, well we're sorted really.

I'll PM u my email, you can let me know wat the craic is with the lock up.

Peace

Oh yeah, Went for a skate in newcastle the other nite. Turns out they're struggling with it to try and keep it open, the guy who works there was telling me he works there for free all the time, whenever he can just to try and save some money for the owner.

Its pretty cool like, if there is a big group of you, you can ring up in advance and organise a late skate! Like say u got there at 7, they will stay open till 12 at night. Also its not that busy at the weekends, and its only 5quid sterling for the whole day, thats like 7.50 euro. So lads get up there, check it out, before it checks out. Another little park goin under, it's a shame, RnR(RIP).

Watever happened to RnR anyways, I leave homw for england, and when i comes back its closed down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭lifesgood

anyone know if rampage or bangor in belfast are still open think one of them is in the six counties vid looks sick! indoor aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Skating 4 life

Found this from there website:

From 1st June 2007, skatepark will be temporarily closed.

A new management group is being set up to run the park, if you are interested in getting involved, please contact Gary on 07739210119.

Park will re-open shortly on a club membership basis.

Please support your skatepark by getting involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kerri171

ive been going to that skate park for a year, been everyday, even got to look after the place a few nights, but ive been waiting four months for the new management to open the place back up... and nothing, its really pissin me off... i miss the place D:

we really need some one to take up the part :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Whats the park like?

Advertisement