Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories - PSP

• 25-10-2006 2:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Just preordered my copy this morning, cant freakin wait!Although ill have to wait until Xmas to play it as my PSP is currently in Scotland:mad:

General Storyline Info
    GTA: Vice City Stories will take place in 1984, two years before the events that happened in GTA: Vice City. The main character will be Victor Vance, the brother of Lance Vance, who was featured throughout GTA: Vice City when he as a drug dealing partner of Tommy Vercetti. Victor Vance was also briefly featured in GTA: Vice City in the opening scene where he was killed in a drug deal which went wrong. Many sources, including IMDb, suggest that Ving Rhames will be voicing Victor Vance though this is not yet confirmed. Additionally, Victor's voice in the trailer doesn't sound like Ving Rhames.

Victor and Lance have grown up poor and in a trailer park - a new section in Vice City made for VCS. It appears from the trailers and screenshots that the trailer park takes up the grassy area around Sunshine Autos on the western island. This most probably means that Victor starts the game on the western island of Vice City instead of the eastern island like in GTA: Vice City.

Radio Station Information
    V-Rock will return and be hosted by Couzin Ed and Lazlow will intern. Featured songs are: "Holy Diver" by Dio, "Round and Round" by Ratt, and "Breaking The Chains" by Dokken. Wave 103 will return featuring: "Love Action (I Believe in Love)" by The Human League, "Quiet Life" by Japan, and "Don't Go" by Yazoo. VCPR will also return, this time featuring an ethno-centric right-wing talk show. Paradise FM is a new station featuring Disco music. The song "We're Lost in Music" by Sister Sledge is featured on this station. Emotion 98.3 returns with a new DJ named Lionel Makepeace. Featuring the songs: "Never Never" by The Assembly with lead vocals by the wobbly voiced Feargal Sharkey, "We Belong" by Pat Benatar and "I Want To Know What Love Is" by Foreigner. Flash FM returns, following the double DJ format of many of the other featured stations, with recognizable DJ Toni playing a secondary role. Reni Wassulmeier, the androgynous 1998 DJ of its Liberty City successor Flashback will play a role in the storyline. Songs include: "Love is a Battlefield" by Pat Benatar, "Destination Unknown" by Missing Persons, "Games People Play" by The Alan Parsons Project as well as "Easy Lover" by Phil Collins & Philip Bailey.

The game will continue in the tradition of satirical and sexually suggestive commercials, one of them being a parody of the famous 1984-style Apple Computer commercial from the Super Bowl.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

you guys have no idea how ironic it is for lazlow to intern for couzin ed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

you guys have no idea how ironic it is for lazlow to intern for couzin ed :D

Ironic...well, i do, cause he would eventually replace him. and we started (in GTA 3) in 2003 with Lazlow saying he got kicked off the Rockstation, and then in Vice City he was the DJ and Cousin ED called in and complained that he took his job. And then in San Andreas (based in 92) the only sign of the V Rock legacy was that mysterious looking hotel which, to the best of my knowledge, nobody ever mentioned. Oh, and Lazlow was on the chat station (his first show in San Andreas)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

This game looks really good, so much nicer than gta lcs, new trailer on www.ign.com with phil collins, hmm i wonder whether you can actually watch him in concert in the game........... looks great anyway

Ironic...well, i do, cause he would eventually replace him. and we started (in GTA 3) in 2003 with Lazlow saying he got kicked off the Rockstation, and then in Vice City he was the DJ and Cousin ED called in and complained that he took his job. And then in San Andreas (based in 92) the only sign of the V Rock legacy was that mysterious looking hotel which, to the best of my knowledge, nobody ever mentioned. Oh, and Lazlow was on the chat station (his first show in San Andreas)

..well no. lazlow is a real person, as is couzin ed. i wont bother giving the story, but it's a real life radio people story :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

hope they dont deal it like GTA LCS last year!

• Advertisement

..well no. lazlow is a real person, as is couzin ed. i wont bother giving the story, but it's a real life radio people story :)

No No please I really wanna hear this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Cozin Ed was brilliant all the times he was on the 'real' Lazlow show. The boxset is well worth gettin. www.lazlow.com

selpher wrote:
    Cozin Ed was brilliant all the times he was on the 'real' Lazlow show. The boxset is well worth gettin. www.lazlow.com

yeah you'll hear some of the story there, and the dynamic between couzin ed and lazlow :p

yeah you'll hear some of the story there, and the dynamic between couzin ed and lazlow :p

Excellent man cheers....Fernando on Lazlow lol!

Excellent man cheers....Fernando on Lazlow lol!

fernando's a real dude too. in fact nearly all the cast from Vice City Stories are poached from a morning show in America called the "opie & anthony" show... normal staff and on-air staff too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

When can we expect to be seeing this in the shops?

When can we expect to be seeing this in the shops?

thursday or friday, alongisde killzone:liberation. 'tis a good time to own a PSP, finally...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Should be good to hear the amazing acting skills of martini steve. ''how'd your parents die?''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Ho-Hum

thursday or friday, alongisde killzone:liberation. 'tis a good time to own a PSP, finally...

Indeed, I dont think I've picked up my psp in months...

selpher wrote:
    Should be good to hear the amazing acting skills of martini steve. ''how'd your parents die?''

what am i doing here? this is my fookin house!

nice to know i'm not the only pest on boards :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Guess what?

Theres travellers in it and they are voiced by Jim Burke(one of them anyway)!

Ahh forget it.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Anyone buy this game.Isnt it supposed to be out today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

grabbed myself a copy,first impressions are good,music is class,just like ps2 vice city with genesis,depeche mode..nostolgic!framerate is way better than lcs.you start off in the barracks...generally im happy with my purchase!!

damo

bought killzone today and ill play a bit more tomorrow and if i dont like i may try and give back to smyths, whats best excuse to use with them, wont work or what?

shortys94 wrote:
    bought killzone today and ill play a bit more tomorrow and if i dont like i may try and give back to smyths, whats best excuse to use with them, wont work or what?

unwanted gift

• Advertisement

thanks will give it a go if killzone doesnt appeal to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

shortys94 wrote:
    thanks will give it a go if killzone doesnt appeal to me

Tut tut, lieing:rolleyes: . Ok I admit to it, I did it a loada times myself. Must have got at least 10 unwanted gifts in my lifetime

yea, dont think i will give back killzone though, its actually a great game really challenging....

Whats cheapest place to buy VCS though, not online as just want to get it in a shop

I read a review for GTA Vice City in PSP Magazine today and they called it the game of the PSP. I wouldnt expect anything different from them really, but I absolutely love the look of this game and cant wait to play it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Its good, but just like with LCS, the controls/targeting system let it down badly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyJEqgE_XQw

This trailer shows a Phil Collins concert live in Vice City, hopefully in game footage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

got it the other day. i've only completed the 1st few levels, sems much like the original VC. which is why i bought it. soundtrack is amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

gta on psp is finally starting to look like ps2 gta again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I dont think the PSP is capable of making games that look as good as the PS2. I'm still skeptical about the PSP games and would prefer it if they worked on their next PC / PS3 / X360 title, and perhaps gave us a bit of a hint about what it could be like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

When is this out on Ps2?

Jakkass releasing VCS and LCS ensures they have the money to make the next gen one :)

LCS sold 6 million and was made in about a week imo.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    When is this out on Ps2?

rockstar say vcs will not make it onto the ps2 ever

I suppose KdjaCL but the majority of their games have been huge hits in the shops anyway :)

Jakkass wrote:
    I dont think the PSP is capable of making games that look as good as the PS2.
    I meant it gameplay wise it is flooded with new features the ps2 never even seen let alone vice city
    but i would have to say it looks better than gta3 on the ps2(graphics wise)

thats dependent on peoples opinions personally I'd say that GTA3 looks way better as it was tailored to a console with better spec and I've played both and theres a huge difference to me. The next PC / PS3 release of GTA will have so many features that the hardware on the PSP will not be capable of doing it all. Also in addition to that surely GTA San Andreas has more features than the games on the PSP?

yeah, agreed but the psp adds new features like air ambulance and their submissions, jetskis,swimming,and the new thing where you can buy sites and develop them etc owns. needless to say i sold my psp the other day, the gta's where the only good thing i played on it in nearly a year i owned one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Anyone noticed an AWFULL lot of pop up in vcs ? like the worst in any of them ? Its realy annoying but i think it has to do with the sleep mode at one point i had NO cars on the road for at least 3 missions !!But when i saved and restarted the device seemed to be much better .am i the only one with the problem ?

Advertisement