Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OU: Expensive?

Options
  • 25-10-2006 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I was just having a look at the OU site as there is a music course I would love to do there. The course is £895 which converts to €1,334 which isnt too bad I suppose but it turns out that that is only the price for residents in the U.K. (presumably due to government subsidy) the Irish price is £1470 or €2,192.

This seems quite expensive for a single module, is there any tax rebate on this? or any way (short of moving to the U.K.) of making it cheaper?

If anyone knows any ways of taking the sting out of that price tag I would be most greatfull.

Thanks,
    Stagolee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You would be able to get income tax relief. And yes, the UK price is cheaper due to government subsidy. Courses with residential schools included also tend to be dearer than those that don't, naturally.

Advertisement