Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WALL DAMP - advice?

Options
  • 25-10-2006 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

THis problem was noted by the engineer on my snag list - but my solicitor said no way would the builders remedy t - too much work.

basically the ground behind this back garden wall is some feet higher. any time it rains water seeps thro as shown . I was told the builders should of supplied drainage on the other side (another house)

I am wondering is there any solution to this ?

aslo told that the wall won't hold render.

some one did suggest driilling drainage holes thro wall at intervals .

any advice ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Elfish

Its a garden wall. Who cares? Only way I could see a problem was if you wanted to build a damp free shed at some time in the future using this wall as one of the shed walls.......

Methinks the wall would hold plaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

THis problem was noted by the engineer on my snag list - but my solicitor said no way would the builders remedy t - too much work.

basically the ground behind this back garden wall is some feet higher. any time it rains water seeps thro as shown . I was told the builders should of supplied drainage on the other side (another house)

I am wondering is there any solution to this ?

aslo told that the wall won't hold render.

some one did suggest driilling drainage holes thro wall at intervals .

any advice ???

Hi
    What if the Gable wall of your new (I presume, "snag list") house was falling in / out would " but my solicitor said no way would the builders remedy t - too much work." still apply. I think not.
    As regards drilling holes through wall (big enough not to clog), without any hardcore against far side of holes.....If it did work, you would be draining your neighbour's yard. If your drainage isin't the very best you could end up with very soggy ground. I'd go after the builder
    t

Advertisement