Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Undergraduates Tax Refief IT31 ??

Options
  • 25-10-2006 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi

long shot here...

are there any Undergraduates about who successfully reclaimed tax relief on fees ???

Do you know the difference between Tuition and Registration fees?
    I dont recall getting a break down when i paid but the revenue are saying that they only rebate on tuition fees and not reg fees ??

anyone been through the process successfully or not??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

There is a difference between the two. Everyone who goes to college pays a registration fee which you can't claim tax relief on.

If you pay for your course ie. private college courses, these are eligible for tax relief at 20%. In other words if the course costs €5000 per year you'll get €1000 back.

This should tell you what you need to know.

http://www.revenue.ie/revguide/tuitionfees.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭DonnieBrasco

the beat goes on..

I managed to get receipts from the college for each course year. i'm pretty sure i have what i need to make a claim now but i've submit an online query to the revenue just ..to be sure..to be sure.

lets wait and see now.

Advertisement