Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Flood Damage?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

ballooba wrote:
    Must be from Tsunamis.

A flooded underground carpark will do just fine ...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Yeah, but why would it happen to japanese cars more so than any other country. I have never seen this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I certainly have ...not necessarily on the internet though.

Flooding isn't that rare an occurance and if a car just happens to be in an underground car park, low lying area, underpass at the time ...well that's it.

Same goes for hailstone damage.

Cars are usually written off for insurance purposes and the "remains" sold on by the insurance companies to recoup some of their loss.

But belive me, you don't want to buy a car that was submerged in a flood. You have to strip EVERYTHING down to the last bit and clean stinking, rotten muck out of every tiny nook and cranny.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

My brother-in-law used to have a Jetta that had been flood-damaged. Every time it rained the engine would just completely die. We used to joke that the car had psychological trauma.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Not to mention a new wiring loom with everything and all the labour that that entails !

• Advertisement
Advertisement