Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of plumber?

Options
  • 25-10-2006 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi All,

I'm looking to tile the bathrooms/ensuite in the house and need to get the toilet/sinks taken out and replaced afterwards for a better finish. Got quoted €300 for this - thought this was a bit excessive. :confused:

Has anyone else done this - how much? who did you use?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Hi All,

I'm looking to tile the bathrooms/ensuite in the house and need to get the toilet/sinks taken out and replaced afterwards for a better finish. Got quoted €300 for this - thought this was a bit excessive. :confused:

Has anyone else done this - how much? who did you use?

Cheers

Are you sure you need a plumber at all? Our tiler was able to lift the toilet and sink himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Can be expnsive alright getting two seperate 'tradesmen'. Be careful who fits the plumbing....would you rather have a plumber fit your tiling for you and muck up the finish or have a tiler plumb your sanitary ware and flood the whole house?! You might get a cheaper price from someone on the contacts list stickied at the top of the main thread.

Tradesmen do specific jobs. Watch out for the handyman!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Nearly There

astrofluff, the €300 was for the plumber only - that doesn't even take into account the cost of actually getting the rooms tiled! :eek:

eoin, is there flexibility to allow you to just lift slightly to lay the tiles? This would definitely make life a little easier (let alone cheaper!)...do you have the name/number of the tiler you used?

Cheers for the quick replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

astrofluff, the €300 was for the plumber only - that doesn't even take into account the cost of actually getting the rooms tiled! :eek:

eoin, is there flexibility to allow you to just lift slightly to lay the tiles? This would definitely make life a little easier (let alone cheaper!)...do you have the name/number of the tiler you used?

From what I remember, they were able to lift both the toilet and sink up slightly to tile under them - I don't think they actually had to disconnect anything, but this is over a year ago now, so I'm not too sure now.

I used Philip, one of Durkans' tilers, but I don't think I have his number anymore - or even if he is still onsite. I think we paid €350 for the tiling itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the guy who tiled our bathrooms got a plumber mate of his to move the sinks etc. don't think it was too expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 frugal

We used the site plumber (rang Dermot for the number) to shift the 3 toilets and sinks, he charged 200 which i reckoned was a bit much but what ye going to do?:rolleyes: although they did have to make two visits a week appart. Was happy to get the pros to do it though.

Advertisement