Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

City flooded.....!

• 25-10-2006 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭

Wats da story with all the flooding, I know its fairly bad out da cork road and up da back a da college. Is da quay all flooded aswell do anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

all roads out the county r flooded kilmac,stradbally everywhere people are turning around stay off roads tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

It was at least 75cm high on Brownes road at around 4:45. It took 45mins to get in from the outer ring road to the turnoff for brownes road, when it became obvious that it was a flood holding everyone up. Everyone was going nowhere, trying to turn up through the industrial estate, etc.

Flood looked to have taken out at least 2 vehicles - god knows why someone in a little car tried going through over 2.5 feet of water - it was half floating around in the middle of the flood. Some form of van was being winched onto a transporter at the time too.

As for me, I just drove on through it, while keeping an eye on the depth and avoiding the stranded car in the middle, much to the disbelief of many onlookers - in fact some seemed to think I was stupid, dunno why, have been in deeper water many times before in fords (not the car brand) and offroad courses. BTW, anyone see the idiot in the swinsuit in the flood?!?

Quite a few small floods slowing people down then between the bridge and Glenmore. No traffic at all coming into New Ross, probably because the floods in Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I don't dare think what the Tramore road is like! A tidbit of astrology for you now, apparently the moon is closest it's been to earth in 18 years, which unfortunately means high water levels and inclement weather! I'd be surprised if the Quay doesn't get a battering tonight!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

75CM!!!!! :eek:

Bloody hell..

Im in Dublin at the moment and although its raining, there doesnt seem to be any reports of floods like that up here.

How hard has it been raining down there?????

Tox

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Here are a few pics from outside bolands on the cork road and one at the entrance to Ballybeg

DSC00046.JPG
    DSC00049.JPG
    DSC00055.JPG
    DSC00050.JPG
    DSC00048.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

You should get that crack in your windscreen fixed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

BTW, anyone see the idiot in the swimsuit in the flood?!?

A bit of rain and everyone looses thier heads, I dunno...! :)

Mike.

You should get that crack in your windscreen fixed :)

I'd say you mean the trail from the windscreen wiper. There is no crack in my windscreen:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Hope those Bolands cars don't end up swimming their way to Tramore!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

came out of waterford crystal to be greeted by a new river. which was nice. went up to brownes road - there was a lake, turned back (i have a corsa) got through the new river eventually then went out the butlerstown road thinking that wouldnt be flooded but it was about a foot deep either side of the hill. foooking nightmare! a bus and 3 cars broke down on the way out but it was funny to see people standing in the middle of the floods just looking around not giving a sh!t. cant imagine what the tramore road was like by the dump. i was told that even the back road to tramore was flooded which had never been. thats global warming people!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

oh and they might aswell put sails on the holycross pub because that f*cker is in trouble!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

kano476 wrote:
    turned back (i have a corsa)
    LOL
    used to have an '89 one that would conk out if it even saw a puddle
    ( Distributor low on the front of the car )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I came from Kilkenny tonight Stonyford is under a foot of water and its rising pluse the river running down the hill into the village isn't helping, nor are the idiots speeding through it even though I and other drivers had our hazard lights going. there was also a 2 foot lake the Kilkenny side of Knocktopher Slow down truck drivers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

75cm!!!

Jesus!

What's the quay like, does anyone know?

Quays are fine as the tide was low during the majority of the heavy rain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Given that you only have to sneeze in Waterford for the place to flood, its hardly a surprise that today's rain had that effect.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

Only flooding I saw was coming into the back of the industrial estate around 3:30, one of the speed bumps was completely covered in water, which was bloody surprising when I hit it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Maharet

Tesco car park in poleberry had a good bit of flooding, small river running down penrose lane and the inside lane at the bridge hotel was flooded, just at the lights, plus there was a Celtic truck parked arseways there too, very helpful! That was at about 4/4.30ish this afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭SeanieM

Had a sun shower did ye?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Passage road was flooded as well, just at the junction of Grange Park road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

This thread should be stickified! As "Wettest Thread on the Interweb".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

"The day after tomorrow" lads it's all coming true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Came down the back road from Carrick to Waterford last night. Nightmare. Flooded in several spots and completely impassable just after that big humpbacked bridge a couple of miles or so outside Kilmeaden. A guy in a van had stalled in the middle of it, along with a couple of cars. Had to detour back to Portlaw and come around the other side of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Took me an hour and 10 mins to make a normally 30 min trip home from work in Clonmel to Portlaw.
    There were cars stalling in the middle of floods the whole lot, talk about a bloody disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

Well what a nightmare.

Work in the estate and finished at 4.30. Traffic everywhere. Spend ages trying to go up by Boush and Laumb out onto that exit. After waiting to get there it was flooded. Turned around and joined the back of the Queue to get all the way over to the Fas exit. Well i finally got out two hours later. Took the told Kilmeaden Road, a bit flooded nothing too bad. Out on the the Portawl/Carrick Road. Far as hump bridge and that was totally impassable. Turned around and took the road into portlaw. Another flood and going through it my car filled up with the smell of crap! Couldnt get out the other exit of portlaw on to the carrick road so had to take the crappiest road ever through fog and floods. So three hours after finishing work i finally got in my front door. The estate was the most frustrating. Just sitting there with the car off going nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 cwat69

had to be worst weather iv ever experienced.city was destroyed and look at the difference today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Parts of the Tramore road and the Lacken road are still flooded, but are passable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I was on the road today and there is no doubt that this part of the country got it worst, even this evening on the way back when I got near Carrick the signs of flooding started to appear again (the 'back road' from Carrick to Portlaw is still heavily watered on one side). Further west there was little evidence of heavy rain.

Mike.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

It wasn't flooding, its just they took the roads in for the bank holiday weekend...

• Advertisement
Advertisement