Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Divert a text?

• 25-10-2006 6:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭

is there any way of doing this? Divert a text sent to one mobile to another mobile number

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Not possible afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Ruu wrote:
    Not possible afaik.
    yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I really wish they'd bring this feature in, I can't imagine it'd be too difficult... even if they charged for it like diverting calls! They'd making a mint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭nazoil

It is actually possible with AFT

register for a 9591xxxx number with AFT and get your mates to do likewise
    Set the number you want diverted to eg 08xxxx
    Instead of your mates texting you at 08xxxx, tell them to text you at 9591xxxx as AFT user
    You will then receive texts at whatever number you like, even an international number if you are on O2. The diverted text cost is taken from your web text allowance

Onerous I know, but possible

I'm sure such a feature could be streamlined in AFT if both the sender and recipient were registered. One possible way would be:
    The sender sends to 08X1234567. The recipient has told the server that any texts for that number should be sent to 08X1235678 instead. The text is sent to 08X1235678 using the web text allowance of 08X1234567. The sender's web text allowance is not affected. Or The server simply changes the destination number to 08X1235678 and the sender's web text allowance is used. Either way it's probably simple to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭Ogie16

What is AFT?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Ogie16 wrote:
    What is AFT?
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054984709

its on the first page of this forum :). it stands for almost free texts

Advertisement