Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP - CANNONBALL FUNGUS aka ARTILLERY FUNGUS

• 25-10-2006 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Over the last few weeks we noticed some little spec of black dots on our skirting board and tiles etc...For all the world it looked like little dabs of tar. ..even to clean it off it resembles tar.

When i went researching it on the net i discovered what it is...although there doesnt seem to be any cure for it, i dont want to have to keep cleaning the skirting boards for the rest of my days day in day out.

Also i found it on a piece of paper in the kitchen ...it had two dots on it ...when i got in the morning the paper had 16 dots on it

Anyone else ever suffer from this and anyone know anything that can get rid of it?
    As it keeps reproducing and shoots its pores up to 6 feet every thing it multiplys

here's a link to what it is if anyone is interested

http://www.henryshousework.com/HHW/Artillery_Fungus.html

Daz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

We use a fungicidal wash sometimes before painting exterior walls, to get rid of algal moss, mildew and other flora...its applied diluted with a sponge or brush, left to dry and then painted over. It'll kill anything fungal-based...not sure if this stuff is within it's powers. Worth a try.

make SURE and wear gloves during use....nasty and toxic

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bizzylizz

Hi MR DAZ. We have the same problem with Artillery Fungus in our house that you had some years ago, there is a real lack of information available on it in Ireland. Any info we have got is from American websites. We had it a bit last year when we moved into our newly built house. It had disappeared but is now back, inside & outside the house! It is very frustrating as we dont know who to contact. Can you please let me know what happened in your situation or how you got rid of it. I would appreciate any advice. Thank You

Advertisement