Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you find out what mobile operator a certain no is on

Options
  • 25-10-2006 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Im currently on vodafone but have an 086 number. Is there anyway someone can find out that im actually on vodafone network and not O2 (as they give out 086 numbers)

If there was something similar to shortcut for balance enquiry i do, *174# and then this gives me my remaining credit. If you could do something similar for a phone number and it gave you back o2 customer, vodafone customer etc, wouldnt that be great. Especially as likes of meteor to meteor calls, vodafone to vodafone calls are free on most packages.Anyone know how ya can find out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ring up each network in turn and give them the number. Play dumb and hang up when they tell you you're not on their network. 2 calls max. Otherwise try the same thing with their automated systems 1905, 1907 and 1909 from landlines.

Meteor have a number you text afaik which tells you if someones Meteor or not.

Dial 08x 5 xxxxxxx where x is their number, and if they've not customised their voicemail it'll tell you waht network.

Send them a text and ask your network to check your bill to see what network they're on, tell them you want to know because of free calls or text costs or something.

Ask them.

What was the question? I may have rambled a bit ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭captainmustard

I may have rambled on a bit too.

Basically im looking for a quick and easy way to find out what network someone is on. Something like *174# (which gives you remaining credit if your on ready to go). Be deadly if you could do *08XXXXXXXX# (X been any irish mobile number) and it would inform you this number belongs to vodafone or it belongs to O2 etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Meteor have this service (if you are with them) but don't know about O2 or Vodafone.
    Ring their customer care and ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭captainmustard

Rang vodafone, 02 and meteor. Meteor said if ya text the number to 500004 they reply and tell you if the number is on their network. Im with three at the moment and text sending is failing, maybe someone else can try this. Vodafone and o2 support dont know of any magical way so still no joy. Maybe its beyond them or there not allowed do it under data protection act, said id ask on here and see if its possible, looks like it aint!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

There is a beep before the ringtone when you ring a meteor mobile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,995 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

dingding wrote:
    There is a beep before the ringtone when you ring a meteor mobile

The beep only means the number has been ported. Doesn't tell you to which company it went to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Del2005 wrote:
    The beep only means the number has been ported. Doesn't tell you to which company it went to.
    Don't O2 have a long beep to tell you it's non-O2 ?

Advertisement