Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaking pipe

• 25-10-2006 6:22pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There's water leaking into my bathroom from the ceiling. I went upstairs to the flat above, but there's no damage there, so who's liable for this? I've called out a plumber as it's leaking pretty fast, and he's charging £79 an hour. Can I claim this back from my insurance company?

/edit: The pipes are in the ceiling, between my flat and the one above. How can they possibly be accessed?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Faith wrote: »
    There's water leaking into my bathroom from the ceiling. I went upstairs to the flat above, but there's no damage there, so who's liable for this? I've called out a plumber as it's leaking pretty fast, and he's charging £79 an hour. Can I claim this back from my insurance company?

/edit: The pipes are in the ceiling, between my flat and the one above. How can they possibly be accessed?!

Is there a management company looking after the complex , if so you need to contact them before doing any work , you should also find out if the person above you was using their bath/shower just before the leak started as it could be the water escaping through the tile seal . It could also be the internal soil stack leaking .

Advertisement