Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 Ireland Settings

• 25-10-2006 6:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, just quick question? Does anyone know where i could get some settings for a k800i? I got sick of the nasty 3 branding, shortcuts etc that infected my k800i, so i paid for an unlock code (got it on the spot....... Commander Vimes and co will be wondering how the hell that happened and what went wrong with three customer care! I have no idea. Sorry guys! :D ) and debranded with wotanserver. Anyway to cut a long story short as i knew beforehand my settings for " walled garden internet" mms and email etc would be wiped but 3 have been "unable" or refused to provide me with the settings manually. Anyone out there got them?

In anycase its only really text and voice that i use, perhaps not getting them is a blessing in disguise - i'll never have the temptation (unlikely as that may be) to spend ridiculous sums of money on threes "services" within their lovely walled garden.

Not really angry about the whole thing, more slightly amused as it would be in their interests to dish them out. Their loss!

On another note some of my sms options such as delivery reports etc vanished. I assume that its something to do with the USIM as i dropped an o2 uk sim and an o2 ireland sim into the phone and the options appeared. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

its only the bb5 nokias they claim not to be able to unlock. the 6680, 6280, n70, n80, 6233 etc. they've admitted to being able to unlock a k800i.

i'll look up my settings now and post them when i'm not so drunk

i'm still drunk so these will probably be wrong but these are all the settings i can find in the 3 web settings:

web settings
    connection name:3
    data bearer: packet data
    access point name:3ireland.ie
    user name:none
    prompt password:no
    password:default/blank (i think. i never entered one anyway)
    authentication:normal
    homepage:http://mobile.3ireland.ie/hb/HutchKey

advanced settings:
    network type:ipv4
    phoner ip address automatic
    name servers: automatic
    proxy server address:none
    proxy port number:0

mms settings:
    connection name:3 MMS
    password:default/blank
    homepage:http://mms.um.3ireland.ie:10021/mmsc

advanced settings:
    proxy server address:mms.3ireland.ie
    proxy port number:8799

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

i'm still drunk so these will probably be wrong but these are all the settings i can find in the 3 web settings:

web settings
    connection name:3
    password:default/blank (i think. i never entered one anyway)
    homepage:http://mobile.3ireland.ie/hb/HutchKey

advanced settings:
    proxy server address:none
    proxy port number:0

mms settings:
    connection name:3 MMS
    password:default/blank
    homepage:http://mms.um.3ireland.ie:10021/mmsc

advanced settings:
    proxy server address:mms.3ireland.ie
    proxy port number:8799

Thanks, that worked a treat. Why couldnt 3 just cooperate and hand those out. Fools!

neilled wrote:
    Thanks, that worked a treat. Why couldnt 3 just cooperate and hand those out. Fools!
    i think you answered your own question there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 manetheren

Hi Commander, Neilled,

I've been trying to get the correct settings for my k800i (which I bought sim free) on 3 now for ages and was ecstatic when i saw this post last night :) I tried the settings but am still getting a communication failure :mad:

Is there any way that one of ye might be able to give me all the settings I need and where to actually input them, I've got most of them that I've scrounged off these boards and others, my web and email (actually got the correct server in the 3 shop down here) working perfectly, yet the mms still eludes me.....

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thx a mil

• Advertisement
Advertisement