Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Calibrating projector image from long distance (panasonic ae900)

• 25-10-2006 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

hi

I have a panasonic ae900 projector,at the moment its resting on a table (very temporary) about 10 feet from the screen (100inch screen).

i want to be able to move the projector back and put it on the rear wall,room is about 30 feet long,is there any way of calibrating the image size from a long distance rather than having to position the projector to accomodate for the image size?

Panasonic ae900 projector.

thanks for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

hi

I have a panasonic ae900 projector,at the moment its resting on a table (very temporary) about 10 feet from the screen (100inch screen).

i want to be able to move the projector back and put it on the rear wall,room is about 30 feet long,is there any way of calibrating the image size from a long distance rather than having to position the projector to accomodate for the image size?

Panasonic ae900 projector.

thanks for your time.

Zoom is really your only option, if I'm getting you correctly. Luckily the AE900 has a good zoom range too. 30Ft is a long way for an AE900 to travel though. Personally, depending on the screen size, id avoid going over 14-15ft. Is ceiling mounting an option?

Let This (might takes a couple of seconds for it to load) do some of the math for you.

/edit

Actually, according to the above link, the farthest you can have the projector with a 16:9 100" diagonal screen is 20ft 2in. If you go back to 27ft (The max the calcualtor will go) and the smallest screen you can have is 136in diagonal (67x118) id say it would be pretty dark too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Zoom is really your only option, if I'm getting you correctly. Luckily the AE900 has a good zoom range too. 30Ft is a long way for an AE900 to travel though. Personally, depending on the screen size, id avoid going over 14-15ft. Is ceiling mounting an option?

Let This (might takes a couple of seconds for it to load) do some of the math for you.

/edit

Actually, according to the above link, yeh closest you can have the projector with a 16:9 100" diagonal screen is 20ft 2in. If you go back to 27ft (The max the calcualtor will go) and the smallest screen you can have is 136in diagonal (67x118) id say it would be pretty dark too.

nope..the farthest you can have it is 20ft 2" for a 100" screen, it can be as close as 10" with a zoom of 1.

mossym wrote:
    nope..the farthest you can have it is 20ft 2" for a 100" screen, it can be as close as 10" with a zoom of 1.

/slaps head.

Thats what I meant. I need to reduce my crack takeage :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 worzel_gummidge

Im not being funny but how do you zoom on the panasonic ae900?if i want to change the image size ive got to move the projector,its on a temporary stand in the middle of the room,about 8 feet away from the screen.the screen size is 100" widescreen.is there a screen size setup on the projector?if so id love to hear about it........

cheers!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I have a different projector to the AE900 but you normally twist a dial on the lens to zoom.

• Advertisement

Ciaran500 wrote:
    I have a different projector to the AE900 but you normally twist a dial on the lens to zoom.

^ What he said.

Also, you can RTFM hehe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 worzel_gummidge

yep tried it yesterday,twisted the lens,im able to bring the projector right back now,its about 20 feet from the screen.....excellent!!proper cinema experience!

Advertisement