Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow Broadband need Internal Wires Checked

Options
  • 25-10-2006 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have posted recently about my DSL being very slow and BT told me after getting a new modem that I needed to get the Internal Wiring checked out by an engineer. Where will I get one of these engineers do I ring ericom (have my line rental with Bt) or do I ring an electrcian. Its doing my head in as I have a 2mb broadband and only get about 60kps download speed on www.btyahoo.co.uk/speedtest .

Will shorting my phone cabel help as this is very long , also there seems to be a redundant phone socket in the house which doesnt work will this affect things somehow?

Please Help??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Just logged in now and my speed is gone right back up so this must be a contention problem can anyone advise

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you checked your line stats? Line quality can vary surprisingly quickly.

How would I check the line stats?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

How would I check the line stats?

Open your Modem/Router details with Internet Explorer http://192.168.1.1. Now select Expert Mode - Yes, Statistics and DSL, and check the details on the page.

I think I have done this before and all seemed fine I even sent screenshots to Bt tech support. I have a awful feeling that the problems is with the contention.

• Advertisement
Advertisement