Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

K750i v k800i

• 25-10-2006 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

ok i can get the k750i for 170 with 90 fee credit on speakeasy or possibly get the k800i on bill upgrade (both o2) for up to 199 i think, not sure what it will be yet. Is there a great difference? What are your views on both phones?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

I'm sure the specs for both phones can be found on the O2 website.

I own a K750i at the moment and I must admit I love it. It has been broken for a while, through my own fault, but up until now refused to get an alternative handset until there was no life left in it at all, simply because it's a really good handset and has been extremely reliable.

It's on it's last legs unfortunately so I do plan to upgrade to the K800i. A friend of mine has it a couple of months now, and is pleased with it's performance so far. The downside is the K800i is out of stock in the O2 online store where it is about E40 cheaper on post pay upgrade than retail outlets. <cries>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

My wife had a k750i for months and loved it
    Got the k800i a few weeks back on upgrade and hasnt shut up about it since!!! :D

The main selling point is its a 3.2MP camera compared to 2.0 MP on the k750i
    Also, it

Well, I upgraded to a K800i this morning.

In the O2 store the price was E69, so not as expensive as I thought compared to the price offered on the website. However, I was informed they were completely sold out across the country. Fortunately, Carphone Warehouse had it in stock and at a better price too. I got it for E49. I was very pleased.

The phone itself operates very much like the K750i, but as noted, the main selling point is the camera quality, which is superb :D

I was always a Nokia user until the K750i so the longer Sony Ericsson continue to make good quality, user friendly handsets, I'll remain with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

One of my friends has the k800i and another has the k750i, the k800i'scamera is brill and has flash. does the k750i have flash? is there a big difference in quality? What about 3g?

K800i has 3G capabilities. I found that quite good when I tested it. It is the same quality as the camera. The camera I believe has flash, though not entirely sure.

• Advertisement

Can the k800i be used as a music player? ot would something like the w810i be a better choice? Has the 810i video capabilities? Basically i think i am going to go for a phone that has mp3 player too, a good one, and sell my ipod. What do you reccomend? Looking for good other features too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

The K800i is more of a camera masquerading as a phone while the W810i is a Walkman masquerading as a phone. You can only (so far) get 1GB cards for the K800 while you can get up to 4GB(c. 1,000 songs) for a W810i

Both will work well as MP3 players, but the W810i is more targetted for that audience

The K800i is more of a camera masquerading as a phone while the W810i is a Walkman masquerading as a phone. You can only (so far) get 1GB cards for the K800 while you can get up to 4GB(c. 1,000 songs) for a W810i

Both will work well as MP3 players, but the W810i is more targetted for that audience
    May opt for the w810i so, is there anything better than it? for around the same price. Is w810i available on o2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Get the K800i - on paper, both phones appears to be similar but the K800i is much better in all respects. Here's a few pros the K800i has over K750i:

- 3.2 megapixel camera - best camera mobile atm
    - Bigger and brighter screen - colour is amazing
    - 3G capabilities, video conference
    - Faster menu and new icons etc.
    - Updated bluetooth
    - Xenon flash - only camera phone with proper flash
    - Great internet browser and support RSS
    - Flight mode

• Advertisement

ADSLUSER wrote:
    Get the K800i - on paper, both phones appears to be similar but the K800i is much better in all respects. Here's a few pros the K800i has over K750i:

- 3.2 megapixel camera - best camera mobile atm
    - Bigger and brighter screen - colour is amazing
    - 3G capabilities, video conference
    - Faster menu and new icons etc.
    - Updated bluetooth
    - Xenon flash - only camera phone with proper flash
    - Great internet browser and support RSS
    - Flight mode
    Cheers, I think i will go for this in a couple of weeks.

Advertisement