Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

acessing ntl email using eircom broadband

Options
  • 25-10-2006 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

I just set up a mates pc on eircom wirless boradband. He used to have NTL broadband and a NTL email address which he accessed through outlook. I was wondering if someone could tell me if the NTL email address can be accessed using eircom. Do NTL cancel the email address when the broadband is canceled ? None of the setting like pop3 or smtp have been changed and outlook is working as it reads other emaill address's (hotmail gmail ect).

any suggestions

Cheers

eoinf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi

to test if the account is active go to Webmail in the Ntlworld.ie website if it works there it should also work in Outlook

smtp: smtp.ntlworld.ie (you probably need to be connected to NTL to use smtp)
    pop: smtp.ntlworld.ie

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I think he can still access the NTL email using Eircom, the outgoing server (SMTP) will have to be that of Eircoms, mail1.eircom.net or something like that.

Advertisement