Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introductory Courses

• 25-10-2006 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Hello people,

Firstly, I have ZERO experience in this field:o However, it is something that greatly interests me so i would like to try and pursue it in some way.

So, i'm looking for recommendations on any introductory courses in film making/directing/screenwriting so i can get some experience and a taster for the industry? I want to this as a taster but also to build up some form of portfolio for an application to a full time course, preferably starting Sept '07. Can anyone recommend good full time course also?

Many thanks,
    Dan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Filmbase run a foundation course which goes over the course of a period of weekends.

http://www.filmbase.ie/training/long_courses.php

I'm not sure when the next one is, you could call them.

As for a full time course, Ballyfermot, and Dun Laoghaire come recommended but are hard to get into.

Advertisement