Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Fox and three cats

Options
  • 25-10-2006 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭

Today i was going for a walk, in the pouring rain, and along the route i take has an open shed. i discovered three young cats in it sometime ago. Today i went up close to the shed and i saw two of the cats, then a third was lying on a silage bale. When i look over to the right i see something larger which i assume is the mother. It lies there for about five minutes then it scamper across the bales.
    I was fairly surprised to see this thing scampering across the bales turned out not to be a cat,but a fox!!! The fox ran down a field and after a certain period stopped to look at me then ran off again! I then went to see if the fox might have taken one of the cats but i counted three again. so, with that i proceeded to make my way home when suddenly the fox appears right in front of me, looks in my direction then runs off again. He/she was probably wondering what the hell i was doing out in the rain:)

So, what was the fox doing in the shed had i disturbed it on a hunt or is it possible the fox is looking after these kittens?? I doubt it's the latter but hopefully i'm wrong. have any of you ever heard of something similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Foxes are very strange creatures indeed. One night stopped at traffic lights on a roundabout in the middle of Dusseldorf the taxi driver pointed to the island. There was a fox & a rabbit sitting within 2 feet of each other - both looking at the traffic. In the 2 or 3 minutes that we watched neither moved or even looked at each other & seemed quite content to share their space.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

wow that is an even stranger sight to behold. To get a picture of that would have been quite something.

With what you described in mind, perhaps due to it lashing rain the fox was just content to share the shed with the cats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

They were all there for the rats and mice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Mothman wrote:
    They were all there for the rats and mice ;)

thanks.

the right answer is usually the most obvious one. :o

Advertisement