Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

dim saab lights?

Options
  • 25-10-2006 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

anyone know why my brother-in-laws '95 saab 900s has very dim headlights and dips?? they're all proportionately dim. headlights are like dims. dims are like parklamps.

earth problem maybe???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Do they get brighter when he revs the car/usually a sign of a dodgy battery. May be a silly question but he defo has 12v lamps in and not 24v?

Cubix

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

they don't brighten when it's revved. the lights are equally and steadily dim, if you know what i mean. i'll check the voltage of the bulbs tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

sounds like the alternator is on it's way out, reason why don't brighten when the car is revved is because with the alternator not working it's not charging the battery. eventually your battery is going to die too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

the 900 being a car with DRL might have something to do with it. Are the bulbs the correct ones.

I remember something being said on here before about older DRL being dim in relation to cars with manual headlights

Advertisement