Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can Ferrari survive

• 25-10-2006 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Schumacher gone, Ross Brawn gone and now Jean todt leaving aswell to become Ferrari CEO, can Ferrari survive such a shake up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭trendkill

I dont think Todt will be stepping down from the F1 team. His CEO promotion has been well anticipated for about nine months since Montezemolo decided to pursue his career in politics. ANy presidency, like AMerica is bigger then just one man. There's alot of very experienced people working there. Stefano Dominicali for one, ~Nigel Stepney another... i presume Rory Byrne will still be there helping designing the cars... so in my opinion, If todt isn't there... it will still be work as usual... these guys have fought and won so many championships they have gained so much experience... saying Ferrari wont suceed without Todt, Brawn or Schumacher is like saying Zanardi will never win a race without his legs.... oh.. wait.. he's won two touring car races since..... where there is passion.... victory will follow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Will Ferrari survive? I think the question you should be asking is will they contine to thrive? They've survived for decades, one or two people leaving isn't going to make them dissapear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Engine Designer Paolo Martinelli is also set to leave, i read on the ITV F1 website.
    Todt is handing over the reigns to Dominicali, i guess over a decade in the same job is enough for anyone,and Rory Byrne had declared he'd step down after 2006 season didn't hear much else but most of them have lads they've trained or worked beside for years that'll slot into their places, they won't be the excuse for a Ferrari team that schumacher and brawn moved to in 96 ever again

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭trendkill

Ferrari will feel the loss of Rory Byrne, he has been the Ferrari equivalent of McLarens John Barnard (retired but still working designs behind the scenes for the teams)......Loss of Martinelli is a disaster.. but surely Ferrari will have him well covered though. Lets not forget though, when Paul Morgan (the "mor" in "Ilmor")died in that plane accident, Mercedes engines designed by IlMor went to ****. It just was never the same without him designing the engines.

Dominicali replacing Todt ... (have to check that one out on ITV) its probably the best news i've heard in a long time.... he started out working on the entrance gates of Maranello at the age of 15/16 after dropping out of school... so for him to make it to the top is a dream for him to come true... and an inspiration to all of us.Lets not forget, Massa use to deliver Pasta to the Boys from Renault at Brazil the year before he made his debut with Sauber. So for him to win his home grand prix four years on is absolutely fantastic too.

Todt probably wants to spend some time with his *****Hot Hot Hot**** new bride Michelle Yeogh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Engine Designer Paolo Martinelli is also set to leave,
    That blow will surely be softened by engine homologation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

Martinelli and Brawn to leave..

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=134199

Advertisement