Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New traffic manadement lark

• 25-10-2006 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

A few things i`d like to discuss with ye fellow dkitèrs before i send an email to the appropiate people in charge of this traffic plan. I have the 2 main peoples emails, ill give them out to ye later.

1 - Why is the clamping farce going to be put into operation before the additions 150 car spaces are constructed? Clamping will start in Janurary, new spaces will be made for October and they "depend" on resources. :rolleyes:

2 - Surely the E100 clamping fee is way too much, E50 is enough of a deterrent. Were students ffs, not lecturers. :mad: :rolleyes:

3 - Why will the lecturers not have to pay, there the ones that can most afford it. :mad: loads of people not so well off as them pricks have to pay to park at work.

4 - I read the policy they emailed and had to laugh at the way they state the pay+display will be brought in in Oct2007 when they hope to have an extra 150spaces which will be freeparking "Depending On Resources", by oct2007. So they cant guarantee the 150 spaces but will guarantee the p+display?? Surely its seriously unfair to force people to pay for parking if they dont have them free spaces built? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad:

5 - With all the so called acdemics in the college did they really have to pay at great expense for a company to do the survey? Its not rocket science ffs. Im sure a few accounting lecturers or lecturers with the interest could have surveyed the situation. You`d imagine they`d be glad of a bit of "real" work. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

6 - What will the money from the pay+dispaly go towards? Will it be used to pay back the cost of the extra 150spaces? That wouldnt be too bad if it was but i wonder. :confused:

7 - 1 of my lecturers was saying the college has suspended all expenditure till xmas because of the cost of that traffic plan survey they paid that company to conduct. There not even buying new markers. So they`ll happily blow their budget on bullsh-it surveys that a monkey could do but wont buy markers. Does my capitation fee of E800 go towards any of this? :mad:

8 - I reckon the Proposed new 150spaces will go along way to helping the parking situation. All the cars parked on corners of footpaths etc probably only add to 50 so 150 spaces will help brillantly aslong as they dont start stopping people parking in areas like behind the coffee dock and that. So is there really a need for this P+Dispaly crap or is that to fund the new 150spaces?

9 - Do ye feel this was made aware to us in a fair manner? I didnt notice any posters up in the canteens/notice boards/corridors at all,,, were there any of that? Look at this quote from the FAQ of the policy that was emailed to us! "Q: There was insufficient consultation regarding this system – why weren’t we told sooner?
    A: All staff were informed of the proposed study by way of e-mail questionnaire and within this questionnaire were asked for comments. The Governing Body were fully informed of the completed study and indeed have adopted a plan which is a direct result of the findings of the report. The policy has also been deliberately delayed to Jan 2007 to enable the Institute to make all staff and students fully aware of the implications. "

I like the way it says "ALL STAFF" were emailed,,,, so the people who will be least affected and dont have to pay were mostly informed??? That makes a load of sense.

I plan on emailing some suggestions to the relevant plonkers so give me any suggestions and ill email them along. i reckon we gather up a list of our main concerns and each of us email them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,727 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You know what I never understood about clamping?
    • Q: We've got this guy here's who's parked illegally. He's obstructing traffic flow and/or is parked in such a way that he may cause an accident. What do we do?
    • A: Stop him from moving his car.
    How about you just GIVE HIM A PARKING FINE and be done with it?
    Oh, and ONE HUNDRED EURO?? That's worse than DUBLIN iirc!!

Hmm... protest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22 drivealive

Nuttzy wrote:
    9 - Do ye feel this was made aware to us in a fair manner? I didnt notice any posters up in the canteens/notice boards/corridors at all,,, were there any of that? Look at this quote from the FAQ of the policy that was emailed to us! "Q: There was insufficient consultation regarding this system – why weren’t we told sooner?

I plan on emailing some suggestions to the relevant plonkers so give me any suggestions and ill email them along. i reckon we gather up a list of our main concerns and each of us email them.

Emails were sent to all students at easter last year,within the email was also a link to undertake a survey used for the report.We had plenty of warning,you only have to look outside to see how badly something needs to be done.

And you know whos to blame for all this right?its the students who live 5 min from campus and drive here every morning,and i dont think the parking fee will put them off,if they can afford a car to drive less than a mile everyday then they can well afford an extra 8euro for the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

And you know whos to blame for all this right?its the students who live 5 min from campus and drive here every morning,and i dont think the parking fee will put them off,if they can afford a car to drive less than a mile everyday then they can well afford an extra 8euro for the week.

Yeah i know its because of them lazy fooks. 1 of my mates living in the apartments opposite McCabes toyota garage drives from there to the college in the mornings, how unreal is that???:confused: :rolleyes: :mad: he even managed to crash 1 morning in the car park :D ,which i witnessed, haha. Im forever slagging him. Its also because of all these name drivers bringing mammys car to college. And girls insuring yokes for little or nothing.

Anyone that lives near enough or 5/10mins down town and wont cycle is a useless cnut in my opinion. I hate lazy people like that.

the survey said it "looked" at the distance students were travelling from, they didnt act on it though. They could have a system that has a cheaper charge for far way rural drivers or something that drive 20/30miles away(like me), but that would require a bit of thought.

We should seriously protest about the E100 clamp fee though, thats a joke. We should just club together and keep a consaw handy. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,727 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Even better would be the resurrection of Angle-Grinder Man!! :D

Advertisement