Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Directory recovery console password

• 25-10-2006 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

I moved a Windows 2003 Server Primary Domain Controller from one premises to another and when I rebooted, I got an error message before the OS loaded -

Windows NT could not start because of an error in the software.
    Please report this problem as :
    load needed DLLs for kernel.
    Please contact your support person to report this problem

I dont know the Directory Services recovery password, so I cant access the Recovery Console.

There is no backup Domain controller, so I cant login to the Domain

I tried a password reset disk, but it's for Windows 2000 Server

I'm tearing my hair out - can anyone help???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Afaik, the recovery password should just be your domain admin password.

Have you googled the specifics of the error message?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭niallo32

I tried the Domain controller password - no joy

I know how to fix the specfics of the password, but I cant do that unless I can access the Recovery Password!

Any ideas???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭niallo32

Anyone???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It appears that this is a separate password set up when the DC is initially promoted. Do you know who set up the machine?

It may be a matter of cracking the SAM file unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Looking at the first few paragraphs of this article, it seems to address the problem you are having:

http://www.mcpmag.com/Columns/article.asp?EditorialsID=1369

Hope it helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭CraggyIslander

Was anything else done to the server? Like a system restore maybe?

according to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914049 a mismatched hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe produce that error

Advertisement