Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite Star Trek character. And why ?

Options
  • 26-10-2006 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Ben sisko for me tbh. He started out as a fairly weak actor, but came on leaps and bounds half way through season 3. He also comes across as one of the few chars with a set of cahones ( balls ). He can be a bit ott, but its all good.

So what do you lads think ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Data ... it's like watching a super-hero in action.
    He's always trying to make sense of things... ah I can picture that vacant stare now.
    "I think it was a joke Data"
    "Hmm, intriguing..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

7of9... man oh man, see the body on that wan. id like to be assimilated into her collective

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Gereck

Has to be said he is the best.
    Its hard for meto explain why i just think he is a greatcharactor and he is very good at what he does (he hems dresses)

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭egon spengler

data was cool but in the movies they focused on his character too much so that he became a little bit annoying

Spock was also cool

Then again, Picard, The Doctor, Kirk, Tpol, Worf

Actually yeah, Seven was cool... she knew better than Janeway and wasn't afraid to get all up in her face about it. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

mmmm 7of9

* drool *

Yeah garak is a great chars, One of the deepest there. A tailor who can kill you with a yarn of whool. Not to be sniffed at !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Kirk.

Contest over. Thanks for coming along, nothing to see here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Chakotay

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Garek of Course!

Julian and data are nifty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ezri Dax
    Hottie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Warf kicks ass. Though DS9 ruined him. Like it ruined star trek....

Also Data. If I could just crawl up into his neural net and look around for a while....
    Also I have never seen anyone re-jig a particle beam to scan an impenetrable subspace tracheon field quicker in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

You should all be ashamed of yourselves - you all forgot Ireland's contrbution to the Trek world - Myles Edward O'Brien. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Spocks the man, strong as an ox and twice as clever as einstein, he'd have defeated soran easily, wiped out the borg, outsmarted Ad'har Ru'afo and whipped shizons butt, al while muttering colourful metaphors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

For me it has to be Data.....then again I'm a bit like him emotionally :(

Ye sure spock is great and everything but i mean com`on William shatner

Anyone here ever see the movie "Mind Meld" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

It's got to be Kirk, or Spock.

Or, preferably, Kirk and Spock together. Great team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

Picard will always be *my* captain...

So authoritative. He knows the deal, and won't be messed around.

Yea, Picard was the ultimate captain -- surpassed only recently in my mind by Admiral Adama from Battlestar Galactica.

But those two couldn't carry a show on their own, in the way that TOS was essentially the Kirk and Spock show.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

The un-named ensign assigned to away missions. The one who always dies. :)

Really though, has to be seven. Fills out the suit nicely.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Garek of Course!

Julian and data are nifty too.

forgot about Garek...great character..very funny as well..
    was reading a star trek book recently where O'Brien and TNG had to destroy a DS station just recently built by the Cardassians.
    Picard asks O'Brien who did he get the security codes from and o'Brien answers "From the guy who mends my pants"
    Laughed at that one..
    Riker was another one as well as Sisko and Picard as well as the infamous Q..always got a laugh off me.
    My most hated: Troi's mother, Worf's son Alexander.Barclay.Wesley Crusher.

• Advertisement

barcley is good i love the episode when his brain advances and he creates a human computer interface in the holodeck

agree with wesley cruser and alaxander being hated but trois mother was ok if it was ur 1st time watching the episode she only annoyed me when i had seen the episode too much

still has to be gereck

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

was reading a star trek book recently where O'Brien and TNG had to destroy a DS station just recently built by the Cardassians.
    Picard asks O'Brien who did he get the security codes from and o'Brien answers "From the guy who mends my pants"
    Laughed at that one..
    Haha, great. :)

User45701 wrote:
    barcley is good i love the episode when his brain advances and he creates a human computer interface in the holodeck
    Was that the same episode where he thought he had trasporter psychosis? :D
    Such a crazy foo

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭elurhs

Riker the randy bastard.....
    Worf whose recommendation to the captain was always "blow it up". Gotta love him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Goodshape wrote:
    Yea, Picard was the ultimate captain -- surpassed only recently in my mind by Admiral Adama from Battlestar Galactica.

But those two couldn't carry a show on their own, in the way that TOS was essentially the Kirk and Spock show.

sorry now mate, But adama is in bsg, This is a ST thread. bsg has nothign to do with ST.

go to the bsg thread if you wanna talk about him. Plus picard would most likely bitch slap that mustache off him.

;)

anti wrote:
    sorry now mate, But adama is in bsg, This is a ST thread. bsg has nothign to do with ST.

go to the bsg thread if you wanna talk about him. Plus picard would most likely bitch slap that mustache off him.

;)

Hey she shaved off his tash, also i was never a fan of piccard in a fight he would beat Aracher no question, janeway and pike as well , but sisko would be a good match id say sisko would beat piccard though and Cmdr Adama even tho i have been a trekie since i saw TOS on tv when i was 5, Adama would beat them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

User45701 wrote:
    Hey she shaved off his tash, also i was never a fan of piccard in a fight he would beat Aracher no question, janeway and pike as well , but sisko would be a good match id say sisko would beat piccard though and Cmdr Adama even tho i have been a trekie since i saw TOS on tv when i was 5, Adama would beat them all.

This is a really dumb thing to be arguing about but.....

Picard was a wrestling champ and a champion runner he was also stabbed through the frigging heart and lived plus Q love's him and the enterprise would kick seven shades of **** out of battlestar fat boy wouldn’t have a hope :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Ah now... Adama is pretty good at the old boxing.

Rofl :D

Getting stabbed through the heart does not a good fighter make. Adama would box his baldy head right of his shoulders. Good diplomat maybe, but he's not a fighter.

And if we're talking about staring death in the face, let's not forget Adama took a bullet in the gut and lived to tell the tale -- without the need for yer fancy pants 24th century technobable gadgetry :p

Anyway, with Trek currently 'on hiatus' I consider BSG to be the spiritual successor, particularly due to Ron Moore's involvement - one of the best TNG/DS9 writers imo.

• Advertisement

True very through,

in a fight the enterprise A B C D E (it dosent matter)would win just as it would win against any star wars ship even the death star or one of those 8 km long super star destroyers, it would also take out a battlestar, for the simple reason that BSG still uses missiles and guns and has o shields (btw this is one of the best parts of BSG) and star wars use laser weapons which have little or no effect against shields in the ST univerce

Advertisement