Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 6 - Are People Impressed???

Options
  • 26-10-2006 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭

Ok folks I'm sure a lot of you have played it by now so what do you think?

I personally think it's amazing and has once again pi**ed all over FIFA. It's the new subtle things that make the difference. I particularly like the quick free kicks and how your short passing doesn't necessarily find it's intended target. Players can now shield the ball which is great when they get it to feet and are facing away from goal.

Also there's a pretty cool option to randomise teams when playing the computer. Haven't tried it yet but apparently you can select a league or else up to four teams and the computer will randomly pick a selection of players from these teams for you to play against.

Some of the players have become unreal compared to PES 5, the main one that springs to mind is Messi. His quick feet and change of pace are unreal. Rooney and Ronaldo seem to have improved while Saha can now finish.

Only negative for me is there are some transfers not done (e.g. Andy Cole still at Man. City, Cygan at Arsenal) and a lot of squad numbers are wrong. That's just me being fussy though. Must get an option file for the jerseys too.

Overall it's fantastic and well worth getting ASAP. Here's to many lad's nights in!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

so yeah its 3am serious pro evo session

first impressions

much better game, very impressed, nice flowing footy,
    referee's are much more leniant, no blowing up for silly fouls
    free kicks are MUCH harder for some reason
    shooting is harder, but like last time after a while you get used to it.
    there are a lot more feints and moves in the game and volleying is now based on timing the drop of the ball, so if your trigger happy, you'll never score a volly

the star system is replaced by names like
    beginner | amatuer | regular | professional | top player

the biggest thing we found was that on regular the goalkeepers were VERY dodgy

we quickly switched up to top player and the games seems to play more like real footy.

game is much more passing based this time around.

the is simplified tactics ( surely a ploy to get braindead fifa fans over )
    all transfers are right up to date even ashley cole and william gallas switches are included.

the big name players likeness are much improved and the players have certain traits
    zidane is still in the game and is the cheekiest player on the pitch, little flicks and runs,
    henry has a knack of scoring impossible goals
    drogba and a behemot

its possible to have scuffles over the ball where usually the referee would have blown up

Man united and arsenal license's this time

i also would like to claim the record to the quickest ever sending off

2 days before release date, 1st match, 00:59 (yes 59 seconds)
    rio ferdinand sent off, excellent start

the players definitely seem to make some better runs and there is definitely an emphasis on meaning what you do so if you press pass with no direction, there's a greater chance of interception, or the ball going the wrong way as opposed to pro 5 where is went to the obvious player nearby.

quite impressed with the gameplay improvements

there's a couple of extra options to be found like international challenege and random match.
    in the pes shop theres the option for player costumes where the kit choice can be a penguin costume or an ostrich costume, funny yes, but 5000 pes points so i aint got it yet, seems fun.

quick free kicks it totally a revelation for the game, pressing R1 and L1 together after being fouled quickly plays the quick free kick pass forward before the players get a chance to get back.

thats about it. just thought i'd give my thought on first play on the PS2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

Online play on the 360 needs patching, it's very hard to connect to games with a lot of people

shooting is going to take some getting used to, but overall I think they've got it spot on again

the tweaks to the passing system are brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭oddone

have they improved the crowd scenes?
    That was a major disappointment in 5, the empty stadiums, have they
    improved this and if so is it good ?
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

have they improved the crowd scenes?
    Crowd is made up of individual models instead of 2D cardboard cutout type things. They put their hands up in the air, put their heads in their hands etc.

Unfortunately this doesnt seem to correspond to the gameplay at all. Also, the pattern is repeated every 3 members of the crowd, so it looks retarded. Ah well, maybe they'll get it right by PES12 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭wheelbarrow

Only played it for a few minutes last night, but i managed to have three players sent off in my first game...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

SO what versions is best ? PC again ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Got it on 360 today, have to say I'm very impressed, as I though I would be.

As mentioned, passing has be nailed, this never needs to be tweaked again imo, it feels perfect.

Ref's too are now perfect, the game flows so well.

Shooting has been improved, no more outrageous shots on the turn happening every 2 minutes that scream into the top corner.

I also like the way forwards with good balance manage to stay on the ball more and don't get knocked off easily, it makes playing with guys like Koller or Toni way more realistic.

Over the top or long balls seem to work really well this time. They don't come off every time but when they do its sweet to get in behind the back-line.

XBL seems a bit pants tho, I can't seem to find a option to invite friends to play on-line, which sucks. Maybe I'm missing something?

Despite the lack of editing, stadiums etc, which doesn't take anything away from the game anyway, I love this years Pro Evo, just get XBL sorted cause I don't wanna be playing quitters and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Yeah i also noticed I've been using long balls alot more which is a good thing tho! They seem quite a bit more effective!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

Far tougher which is a god thing and all that as been changed has been done so for the good. The game flows really well and I am well impressed with it. Has anybody else noticed that when you score 2-3 goals it is far easier to get into an attacking position, it feels like the other teams morale goes down the drain?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Its not bang up to date Liverpool's away jerzy is white instead of yellow, mellor still plays for Liverpool and Miller still playes for Man.U. I only played 1 or 2 games and noticed these mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm not impressed. Too slow and groggy, just like PES5. I've been playing PES4 since it (4) came out, because we bought PES5 and found it too slow. I was hoping that the latest one would go back to the dynamicness of the 4th, but alas, it's just like 5 but with newer jerseys and players. Bitterly disappointed.
    They did manage to fix the referees and tackles though.

I'm gonna be getting an Xbox 360 in the near future and it looks like I'm gonna get Fifa 07 rather than PES6. I played Fifa's World Cup game in my mate's house and liked it. I didn't love it, but it's alot better than PES for the PS2 that's for sure.

I'm forcing myself to play it here, since I paid money for it, but I'm utterly bored! If you liked PES5 then you'll probably like this.

Why can't just they just a "speed" option on it, so ya can speed it up and slow it down?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I got it yesteday (Saturday) on the PS2 and I have to say I love it i think it is alot smoother than Pes5. The only thing I don't like about it is when doing the master league on fix it is alot harder to influence the game. In Pes5 I was getting a 7 and above every game and usually mom as Riise but in Pes6 I have only got one 7 and never got mom. But still love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

tried to buy it today

Gamestop told me its not being released until Wednesday. i laughed and walked out of the door. they should at least tell the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Got it on PC yesterday.
    Have to say, I'm not impressed after a few hours.
    Player control seems very slow, jerky and is if they are skating on ice for some reason.
    It just doesn't seem near as fluid as PES5 did.
    There's a marked difference in ball control and close challenging that I probably have to get used to. Shooting appears harder, but I think there's room for more variety and 'off the cuff' action to bring in a greater degree of realism.

I remember almost giving up on PES5 before realising it to be the best soccer game ever. I guess it's due to the fact that every PES up to 4 was simply miles better than the previous.
    Perhaps this is yet another of the "acquired" tasting PES's I gotta get used to for full enjoyment.
    It's also hard leaving a full up to date and beautifully patched PES5 for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

whiskeyman wrote:
    It's also hard leaving a full up to date and beautifully patched PES5 for this.

Import your PES5 option file in DATA load.

If its jerky using a NO DVD fixes it as Securom 7 is the problem.

Its a sweet game shame online isnt working :(

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

KdjaCL wrote:
    Import your PES5 option file in DATA load.
    Cheers - never even looked into that.
    KdjaCL wrote:
    If its jerky using a NO DVD fixes it as Securom 7 is the problem.
    It's not the game it's that's jerky, more the players themselves. Some of the off the ball player movement seems very odd. I think it's gonna be worth trying to master though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

OK no matter how bad they make the game there is one cardinal rule.
    "DON'T F.UCK UP THE GOALKEEPERS".

Played it for about 3 nights with friends. We hated PES4 and played PES3 until 5 came out. Decided the lenient nature of the Ref and the constant fouls was not enough to go back to terrible keepers in 4 and hand balls in 3.

This game is a complete step in the wrong direction. The programmers have been lazy and done the impossible, AGAIN!, and actually made the game worse.

Van der Sar spilled the ball so many times i threw the controller acros the room. We count ourselves as fairly good players with many a close game or league in PES5 and PES3 but ths game is LAZY.

So here we are again back playing PES5 and hey what's wrong with that? Brought back PES6 and bought Football Manager 2007... some franchise i can have some faith in.

So if you like PES5 and 3 and hate 4 you'll hate PES6. Lots of numbers but seriously they had a great game in 3. Few updates, like in pc games, and it would still be played today.

IN order to make great game the developers need to really look at what makes PES enjoyable and accessible.

1. IT'S NOT REAL FOOTBALL. Create the illusion not replicate the real thing. That's why it's computer game. And if you're trying to be realistic where are the shirt pulls and all the little nuances in the game? LAZYINESS. Easy cash from desperate gamers.

2. Look at games like NBA jam and NHLPA hockey, jonah Lomu rugby and possibly pete samprass tennis, for HOW TO MAKE A TIMELESS GAME. You only have to do it once and there you go. In this time of online gaming updates are all that should be required and none of this once a year bull****.

3. €55? for what? TWEAKS? People do that on th internet for free. It's been shown, i think, that when the game is on the pc and fully editable a better gaming experience is created. Rome Total war = ****. Rome Total Realism = excellent. PES5 + patches = brilliant. So it really begs the question "DO we really need game developers to peddle this laziness?" lets pay the real innovaters our hard earned cash and promote a better quality of games.

This went on way too long. I'm just so disappointed. I should have expected this but every PES release just gives me the same shiver as when i saw the Star wars prequels, or when i heard about remakes, texas chainsaw massacre, wicker man.

PLEASE don't buy PES6. And if you're annoyed bring it back. It's €55 not €12 for a dvd or €8 for the cinema. Robbery.

If anyone else feels this way please get in touch. Because sometimes i just think i'm out on my own here.

If anyone else feels this way please get in touch. Because sometimes i just think i'm out on my own here.

You are, its awesome. Definitley the best of the series, Keppers only spill shots, dont let your mate shoot in the 1st place.

Now if only online worked.

kdjac

Anyone got a decent PC option file. link it

• Advertisement

zabbo wrote:
    Anyone got a decent PC option file. link it

Use your old one :confused:

Go to DATA and load your pes5 option file.

kdjac

Was looking for a new one, I modified my PES5 one a little too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

KdjaCL wrote:
    You are, its awesome
    I must have missed when you were appointed spokesman for everyone on the internet.
    €55? for what? TWEAKS?
    Unfortunately, the likes of EA have turned the industry into one where we are sold the same game every year. Now everyone is at it.

The morons who populate the gaming world ally themselves to franchises and corporations and defend them vigorously. For what reason, god only knows.

Konami produced brilliant football games, IIS, PES, WE. Apparently this means that they always will produce brilliant games and saying otherwise is akin to treason.

CiaranC wrote:
    I must have missed when you were appointed spokesman for everyone on the internet.

You must have missed that meeting.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=139647&skip=yes

" We also talked Pro Evo on Xbox 360 with Seabass, and he's confident that our version will be the best in the series yet. "We really wanted to bring Pro Evo to the Xbox 360 at launch," he told us, "and we want to apologise to our fans that we haven't been able to do that. However, we have been working for a very long time on Pro Evo for Xbox 360 and we're confident that it will be great."

he must have got mixed up and meant the ps3 version....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

KdjaCL wrote:
    You are, its awesome. Definitley the best of the series, Keppers only spill shots, dont let your mate shoot in the 1st place.

Now if only online worked.

kdjac

OUt of all that you pick my final line to quote?

There are seirous issues with the game. Flaws in the production values. I know i should'nt let my friend shoot but apparently it does'nt matter where he shoots from decent keepers can't pluck it out of the air. You might claim that in modern fast paced football, ala the premiership, that due to the power behind the shots the ball is spilled more often. In real life keepers act decisively and, most of the time, with intelligence. In this game, after only 3 days, i saw a defender boot the ball into his own net, a keeper walk the ball out for a corner, IN HIS HANDS, and then i saw him run past the ball only to dive back, fumble, and then allow an attacking player to run in and score.

Online play does not recover a title. The fact that it does'nt work is a shambles in itself. Where is my money going. I don't think this game does enough to justify shelling out 55 quid. But then this typifies the general trend in games, as somebody pointed out above me.

Like films, books and music. Don't pay for half arsed efforts. Praise those who innovate and try new things. Sick and tired of this. A multi Billion euro industry and out of all the programmers and dedicated gamers we get two substantial titles. Fifa and Pro evolution.

We praised the latter for showing how bad the former was but now i patiently wait for somebody to discredit pro evolution. It needs to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

I've been playing it on xbox360 for about a week now and I think it's **** compared to pes4 and pes 5, it's too slow moving and they've made a simulator instead of a game. If I wanted to simulate the real thing then I'de flip on the telly:/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭wba88

the server is **** slow! not impressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Nay Z

I've been playing it on xbox360 for about a week now and I think it's **** compared to pes4 and pes 5, it's too slow moving and they've made a simulator instead of a game. If I wanted to simulate the real thing then I'de flip on the telly:/

I have totally agree, been playing for the past couple of days and everything about the game annoys me the point of wanting to smash the disk into tiny pieces to feed to my gimp to watch him suffer as he sh!tes it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

In real life keepers act decisively and, most of the time, with intelligence. In this game, after only 3 days, i saw a defender boot the ball into his own net, a keeper walk the ball out for a corner, IN HIS HANDS, and then i saw him run past the ball only to dive back, fumble, and then allow an attacking player to run in and score.

In real life goalkeepers make mistakes. They spill the ball when it's wet and they parry shots straight to strikers. It's all about making the game more realistic and that's exactly what I've found. If you don't want a true reflection of a real game then go route out your Nintendo for Sensible Soccer.

Advertisement