Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 6 - Are People Impressed???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Sorry for the stupid qestion, but how do I kit select? Theres never an option at the start of a game, and lots of matches I play are difficult to look at, because of serious clashige.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Sorry for the stupid qestion, but how do I kit select? Theres never an option at the start of a game, and lots of matches I play are difficult to look at, because of serious clashige.

Screen after you pick teams, im colour blind so have to do that quite a lot just press left and right when you see the 2 team names and jersey colours.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

Played the PS2 version fairly to death last night, hate to say it, but it's better than the 360 version

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Is everybody judging this on the 360, cause don't forget, PES 5 was ****e on the XBox too, so don't write off PES6 cause you played it on the PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

PHB wrote:
    Is everybody judging this on the 360, cause don't forget, PES 5 was ****e on the XBox too, so don't write off PES6 cause you played it on the PS2.

:o What?

• Advertisement

PHB wrote:

I liked PES 5 on the xbox

I also really don't like how they've swapped the shoulder buttons, putting sprint on the bumper

I've swapped it back to the trigger, but a lot of stuff has stayed on the bumper, and it makes it a nightmare to remember what button to press in certain situations

Online service is working.

Now it becomes a proper game.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

does the box tell the truth. pc players can play online against ps2 players?

cant wait to install it. pesky work

Mossy Monk wrote:
    does the box tell the truth. pc players can play online against ps2 players?

cant wait to install it. pesky work

It does on PC you have select Multi platform then play anyone :D

tis great now its working

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

DaveMcG wrote:
    I'm not impressed. Too slow and groggy, just like PES5. I've been playing PES4 since it (4) came out, because we bought PES5 and found it too slow. I was hoping that the latest one would go back to the dynamicness of the 4th, but alas, it's just like 5 but with newer jerseys and players. Bitterly disappointed.
    They did manage to fix the referees and tackles though.

I'm gonna be getting an Xbox 360 in the near future and it looks like I'm gonna get Fifa 07 rather than PES6. I played Fifa's World Cup game in my mate's house and liked it. I didn't love it, but it's alot better than PES for the PS2 that's for sure.

I'm forcing myself to play it here, since I paid money for it, but I'm utterly bored! If you liked PES5 then you'll probably like this.

Why can't just they just a "speed" option on it, so ya can speed it up and slow it down?

How fast do you expect the players to run exactly? I will agree that 4 is alot of fun, but 6 is a proper game about passing, tactics, knowing your players and what they're capable of...

I think 6 is excellent and I'm sure if you get past the whole "It's too slow" thing you'll probably like it too.

Fusion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I dont understand how anyone can say its too slow. Its much faster than pro evo 5! Both in passing, general gameplay and the speed the players run at. Im enjoying the fact that the passing looks so real, the players move more realistically, the shooting and the goal keepers saves. Also enjoying the linesman, new crowd, quick free kicks and better tackling.

The likeness of the players are fairly bad and the fact that the jerseys are still plain is, as ever, anoying but made more so by the fact that you can't edit them anymore so no patches.

Definitely an improvement. Gonna check out Fifa too though...for the first time in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

If Pro Evo 6 is basically the same as WE10 then I cant see how anyone could think its slow. I loved 4 when it came out but I played it a while back I there's no way I'd go back to it, its way to easy to just run through defenders. 5 was definitely slower than 4 but played a much better game, but after playing WE10 I find it quite unresponsive.

Oh yeah and tho I havent bought a Fifa game since Fifa Soccer, I'm seriously considering getting the PS version this year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

And winning eleven on the DS plays like ISS Pro Evo on the PSX, very similar to Winning Eleven 2002 (which people played online)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i see Arsenal still play at Highbury

this dissappoints me

• Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I think they made a complete balls of the defence line. No matter what setting under TEAM for the defence line (A,B or C), they still defend too deep. This allows passes to feet from outside the area into the six yard box then a simple turn with a decent striker (Henry, Saha, Owen, Ronaldo etc) and bang.

Set pieces (corners) are very easy to score from (near post with V Nistelrooy of Real Madrid).

Passing and smoothness of overall play is alot better, and less fouling is great and very obvious to see.

Overall I like it - its fun. work is tough next day after bein up all night with the lads playin p evo til half feckin 2 in da mornin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Folks,

Having great trouble scoring or even creating chances.
    Always seem to get crowded out.

Playing on regular in ML with the Pool and I should be beating teams easily enough I would think as I've played all the PES's on 5/6 star and been quite handy.

what kind of goals are ppl scoring ?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

I really cant make my mind up about this game to be honest,there are things i love and things i hate.

Negative Points:Goalkeepers are shocking!! worst ive ever seen,their positioning is awful! someone keepers spill shots in real life,true,but not 90% of shots.Passing has improved BUT there are times when the speed of the passes is so slow it makes you want to SCREAM! like a player might be 5 yards away and it will take about 1 and a half seconds to get to him.The logo editor,why oh why have Konami taken away the ability to add colours to logos when you are making them?? its now impossible for me to make things like the FAI crest on the Ireland jersey and i dont have a max drive to import option files.

Positive Points:Apart from the above points,the game does play in a more realistic way.its actually possible to play a 4-4-2 without centre halves going walkabout.on every PES on the PS2 ive had to play 3 at the back simply because centre halves go off on their own when i played thank god its been sorted.I honestly dont know how people find it hard to score in this game!:confused: I think this is by far the easiest PES to score in.I played my mate the other day (who is by no means a poor player) in a 2 legged game,he was Argentina and I was Ireland,I won the game 13-1 on aggregate! Quick free kicks are a nice touch,although sometimes they can go astray because you have no control over who the ball is passed to.Ref's have improved thank god and will brandish yellows and reds where needs be,ive still seen some shocking decisions which are extremely blatant and you get nothing and other times you win the ball cleanly and give a free away,but a definate improvement here.A thing that i like about this is that there seems to be a much fairer break of the ball in this game,in PES 5 i used to pull my hair out when you would win the ball maybe 5-6 times in a row and you still wouldnt have possession.

On a side issue,what is the deal with headers?? i cannot defend them at all!

To put it into context i think i could become better at this PES than any other ive played but at the same time i dont think i would enjoy it as much as other PES games.I mean i played PES 5 ALL year round,I dont know if i can say the same for this,I think the constant goalkeeper howlers might become all too predictable and annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

So here goes

Good
    1. Lazy players punished....just assume pass is gonna go to man you may be disapppointed
    2. Headers much better
    3. Volleys more impressive

Bad
    1. Passing is SO slow sometimes....5 yard pass...1.5 secs...adv lost
    2. Passing goes astray too much...5 yard pass...can't hit man with Barca 4-5 times per game..wheres the realism ?
    3. Keepers make stupid mistakes
    4. Manual lofted balls always go same distance...seem to have lost ability to choose power...missing something ?

Overall I like it but annoying things get to me.
    Will take a few weeks as always to feel my way into it

Having said that I have never had this much scoring or making chances.
    Tips ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Will be able to play online tonight .. I hope.

The initial online problems are fixed I hear. But does it play better online than in PES5 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Real Slim Shady

Overall i think it's an improvement on pes5 but the 1 thing that is really infuriating about this game is the goalkeepers. 1 example is when i played the computer i was arsenal the computer was real madrid it was 1-1 and heading for extra time when madrid got a corner in injury time the ball came in the keeper went for it totally missed it and van nistelrooy headed it in at the far post. I know they are trying to make it more realistic but when the keepers f*ck up most of the time and it costs you matches it's really annoying. Otherwise it's great and really enjoyable to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

the keepers are too good in my opinion. and there is way too much balloning the ball over the bar goin on. I tap the button to shoot most times and the bar goes all the way up. its not controllable some times. very frustratin when youve missed 4 or 5 one on ones and the other team has Henry up front so they score every time he is near goal.

I'm starting to get to grips with it, but defending is going to take a while to get used to, it's a lot harder in 6 than in 5, I'm conceding a lot more goals

posted this in the xbox forum aswell, but someone might see it here

is anyone else having the xbox crash during ranked games? It's happened to me three times now, usually when I'm ahead

Really annoying because it goes down as a 3-0 loss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

PHB wrote:

Couldnt disagree more ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I'm starting to get to grips with it, but defending is going to take a while to get used to, it's a lot harder in 6 than in 5, I'm conceding a lot more goals

posted this in the xbox forum aswell, but someone might see it here

is anyone else having the xbox crash during ranked games? It's happened to me three times now, usually when I'm ahead

Really annoying because it goes down as a 3-0 loss
    Never join games. Only create them. It stops the crashing.

Timans wrote:

that sounds crazy enough to work, I'll try it next time I'm on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Timans wrote:
    Hmmm, I see one fatal flaw in your plan... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Tusky wrote:
    I dont understand how anyone can say its too slow. Its much faster than pro evo 5! Both in passing, general gameplay and the speed the players run at.
    I've played PES6 on 2 different PS2s and 2 different PCs and the game played at different speeds for all of them. One mate's PS2 plays sloooooow while another mate's plays really fast. The PC's are in between.

So it seems everyone is playing a different PES6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

KdjaCL wrote:
    Online service is working.

Now it becomes a proper game.

kdjac

I know you're the moderator of this board and not "games" in general. right?

Online is overhyped and for the price games should be better programmed and have an excellent single player facility.

I find online play to be a cop out for developers and although i like the odd online game playing against friends in the same room and shouting in their face when you score is the greatest.

my two cents?

Online is overhyped and for the price games should be better programmed and have an excellent single player facility.

I find online play to be a cop out for developers and although i like the odd online game playing against friends in the same room and shouting in their face when you score is the greatest.

my two cents?

Master league is for Single Player, pretty much the perfect way to extend the games life.

Online is where you play people a lot of people, most here will form leagues and groups and play each other in leagues and cups on PC. We have been playing it that way since 4.

I have a PS2 for playing real people.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Master league is for Single Player, pretty much the perfect way to extend the games life.
    Master League is a joke tbh

Advertisement