Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 6 - Are People Impressed???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

CiaranC wrote:
    Master League is a joke tbh

How ? Pick the crap assed players get them to the CL final. Its perfect for single player.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭peteym

will pes6 become available on the xbox at all???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

peteym wrote:
    will pes6 become available on the xbox at all???

very doubtful mate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

ive found that player the game on the highest level sorts a few of the keeper issues out

if you find the top level too hard against the computer, at least it will sort some of the keepr issue's when playing your mates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

How ? Pick the crap assed players get them to the CL final. Its perfect for single player.
    It is in its hole 'perfect' for single player. Emlyn Hughes International Soccer on the C64 had a more immersive and realistic career mode.

Sensible World of Soccer on the Amiga achieved single player perfection. 20 season career mode, dozens of countries, multiple leagues in each, real clubs & players, proper transfers, decent player (and value) growth, European & International competitions, the ability to move clubs as manager (start with Pats, move to England, climb the ranks, maybe Spain/Italy, finish career with Ireland), sackings the list goes on and on. In 1996.

What do we get with PES? A fake team (playing with Match mode teams is so little of a challenge thats its totally unviable, even on top player), a makey-up 8 team league, leading to promotion to another league. Buy players, win CL in 3-5 seasons, wash rinse, repeat. Same every release.

It would have been flakey on the NES, never mind on the 'next gen' 360. FIFA 07 is far, far better in this respect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

CiaranC wrote:
    It is in its hole 'perfect' for single player. Emlyn Hughes International Soccer on the C64 had a more immersive and realistic career mode.

Sensible World of Soccer on the Amiga achieved single player perfection. 20 season career mode, dozens of countries, multiple leagues in each, real clubs & players, proper transfers, decent player (and value) growth, European & International competitions, the ability to move clubs as manager (start with Pats, move to England, climb the ranks, maybe Spain/Italy, finish career with Ireland), sackings the list goes on and on. In 1996.

What do we get with PES? A fake team (playing with Match mode teams is so little of a challenge thats its totally unviable, even on top player), a makey-up 8 team league, leading to promotion to another league. Buy players, win CL in 3-5 seasons, wash rinse, repeat. Same every release.

It would have been flakey on the NES, never mind on the 'next gen' 360. FIFA 07 is far, far better in this respect.

I've never played the C64 game... would play it now though... This "next-Gen" bull**** is starting to get on my nerves. Other than graphics what is "next-gan" about it? OH and the graphics on the Xbox 360 are'nt even that impressive.

Thing is games like PES6 are heralded each year but each time i feel the yawns of boredom become louder and louder. This would'nt be tolerated in other industries and certainly should'nt be tolerated within video games. We pay enough for them so i would demand a better product.

Also i'm a traditionalist. A game should have it's single player mode at the core and multiplayer to prolong it's life. So pro evolution, in a perfect world, would be football manager 2007(lite) at it's core and then the online facility allowing for futher enrichment of the experience.

Is it too much to ask for a complete gaming experience like in total annihilation, resident evil, broken sword, zelda, final fantasy, football manager? All these games can be purchased at the same price, sometimes cheaper, and the single player is top notch. At the same time there is possiblity to go online (Total annihilation) but it didnt detract from the total experience.

So by not buying PES6 i'm clearly stating that i refuse to endorse lazy programming and lazy presentation. Price it at €20 and i might go for it but at €55 you must be joking. You'd expect, by now at least, that fifa07 would be blown away by pro evolution but this is certainly not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

I think they need to bring back the single player rpg-lite from ISS2000 and integrate it into the master league mode. I thought the main thing that would be changed for PES6 is this. Maybe PES7?

For those who haven't played ISS2000, it required you to manage your player individually through each aspect of his life, on the pitch and off. Your skills were measured when you get your chance as the manager brings you at 1-0 down or 0-0 and sees if you have an impact on the game. Your free kick abilities are measured using the targets system thats been left rotting in the training mode since. There was also lots of fun choices like girlfriends, families and the classic dirty magazine scene! Anyway it was great and the only time I've ever seen anything like this attempted. Oh and at the end of it all, the player became available for the team in single-player.

CiaranC wrote:

Why dont you play Fm2007 then :confused:

And added to the stuff you made up above, im guessing you havent played ML before.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

KdjaCL wrote:
    Why dont you play Fm2007 then
    Ive just started playing FM2007. Its very good. You know its a football management strategy game, right? Im talking about bringing such features into PES, like SWOS and FIFA did.
    And added to the stuff you made up above, im guessing you havent played ML before.
    What on earth does this mean? Ive played ML in pretty much every version of pro evo and winning eleven on ps2 & xbox since WE6/PES3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I think they need to bring back the single player rpg-lite from ISS2000 and integrate it into the master league mode. I thought the main thing that would be changed for PES6 is this. Maybe PES7?

For those who haven't played ISS2000, it required you to manage your player individually through each aspect of his life, on the pitch and off. Your skills were measured when you get your chance as the manager brings you at 1-0 down or 0-0 and sees if you have an impact on the game. Your free kick abilities are measured using the targets system thats been left rotting in the training mode since. There was also lots of fun choices like girlfriends, families and the classic dirty magazine scene! Anyway it was great and the only time I've ever seen anything like this attempted. Oh and at the end of it all, the player became available for the team in single-player.
    What console was this on sounds brilliant.
    Try PES on fix master league mode takes a while to get into but when you do its brilliant. I do it as Riise and it stops you beating teams with ease the most I have ever won is 4-0 in the second division but it is seriously great fun. Have you ever played soccer life on the PS2 it sounds a bit like the game you mentioned you sign a player to a youth club then he gets called up to a pro team and he meets women and you have to keep them intrested in you. When you are playing a match you only control your player and you have to try press X at the right time or you will not score. Its not a brilliant game but its alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Got it yesterday, so far I'm impressed! But I'm annoyed at a few things in the game too, but hopefully i'll get used to them soon. The new world cup mode is class, where you qualify and can pick your squad of players for each game and then who to bring to the WC. In group stage with Ireland at mo!
    My annoyances are;
    1. The ball gets ballooned far too easily. just cause a player has the ball on his bad foot, slightly on the turn, doesn't mean the ball gets hoofed in the air, even when the button is barely tapped. i think the developers did this to force you to try and play the perfect game, ie only shooting when your player is set up right to shoot, but i don't find it realistic personally. They went a bit over the top on this one.
    2.Volleying the ball. i don't know where they get the 'you have to release shoot just when the ball bounces' or else you never score. Again, its unrealistic, players should have the technique to hit it mid air.
    3. The formation set-up. So far its taking some getting used to. Its taking me ages to find how to activate sweeper (i always play this). the only way ive found is to go into one of those quick settings and activate it there, but the thing is you can't leave it without it changing all your players around! anyone know a better way?
    4. Its just really really awkward tackling people. In PES5 i'd say i had pretty much the perfect defensive game. In this one it seems 50:50 wether i get the ball or not. There just seems to be no order to the players timing as there was in 5.
    5. The cursor change has changed slightly in my opinion for those who play on auto, not manual. Its impossible to select a player who isn't say 5 yards away from th opposition on the ball. This is really frustrating for when you try to get your back line into position to intercept balls.
    6. Players get absolutely bolloxed by about 60 - 70 mins. I mean nothing left in there energy bar. I don't know if this is a bad thing yet, but it didn't happen in the last game with me.
    7.As someone said, Arsenal at Highbury, thats just poor! They've known they'd be moving in there this season, for what 3 or 4 years? Also theres a lack of other premiership stadiums, afair stanford bridge is gone?
    8. So far free-kicks are seeming to be impossible. I need a lot of practice, as i had to do with 5. it sucks i've to do it all over again. 5 was hard enough to master.
    9. Still think master league is a bit lame, and the premiership teams jersyes are horrible.

BUT, i'm still impressed with a lot of other things! Most notably,... the long passing, (circle button balls). Its almost perfect now, much improved from 5. Also the ball curls a lot more on shots which is always good! The full-backs actually move up the pitch now! Also movement of players in general is much better. I find the back line is a bit clumsy on positioning though. Keepers seem alright, i played one game on 3 stars (amateur or whatever its called), and the keepers fumbled a lot which was a bit gick, but everyone should be playing it on top player anyway for the true experience. I hope theres another 6 star level to unlock!
    Anyone know of any new moves you can do, involving R2 etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Giruilla wrote:
    3. The formation set-up. So far its taking some getting used to. Its taking me ages to find how to activate sweeper (i always play this). the only way ive found is to go into one of those quick settings and activate it there, but the thing is you can't leave it without it changing all your players around! anyone know a better way?
    Hi Giruilla, ive being trying to play around with the sweeper as well.

But im finding it a bit awkward to setup with the Quick Settings, as PES6 creaters seem to think a sweeper is only part of a 3 man defence with a wing-back setup, whereas i wish to play a sweeper behind traditional 2 fullbacks + 2 CBs.
    I'll tinker with it somemore.

Aside, im liking the rhythm of the game - the onus isn't on speed-merchants like the last game, but on intelligent passing on quick bursts of accelaration.

EDIT: Forgive my ignorance, but where in online play does it display the quality of your opponent's network connection ?

Giruilla wrote:
    Go to Manual settings this will bring you back to the menu in PES 5 and you should be able to change it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Reganio 2 wrote:
    Go to Manual settings this will bring you back to the menu in PES 5 and you should be able to change it there.
    Yeah I know that, but its actually not the same as PES 5, its quite different. In 5, i can even remember what i did to activate i just did it automatically without thinking i played it so much, but it was something like select defence, then choose line defence or sweeper then which player cb you want as sweeper. So far i can't do it in 6!

OK sorry about that tought it was exactly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I really really like this game...BUT the laziness of Konami is really starting to annoy me. I dont see why, in this day and age, they couldnt for example, include every stadium. Or at least every team in every league.

Its hardly THAT much work when you consider the amount of levels that other developers have to map for some games. The licensing is a big problem also...why wasnt the edit mode included on the 360 ? I dont understand it... lazy lazy Konami.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

Started my first Master League last night (got the game yesterday), decided to start on the equivalent of four stars. First match (third in total), got hockeyed four nil. I had a sum total of two shots, neither on target. Maybe its just a case of getting used to it, or crap players (yeah, sure dave), but it seems a lot harder. Gameplay appears a bit slower (passing and such) but perhaps I'll get used to that too. The players move a little more realistically and kick it well and such. I'm liking the new turns and such.

Am I right in understanding that its not as editable as before? As in not being able to get the Prem teams right and strips and all that?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Devrozex

Like every sequel I can remember for Pro Evo, at first I was a little unsure. God knows why I doubt the geniuses behind this game each year though! The whole package just seems so much smoother. The passing is a joy, its so crisp and realistic. The 'keepers have loads of new animations (as do the outfield players of course) which also adds so much to the realism. And I also like the way you can't just run around players with someone like Henry as easily as you used to be able to. You really have to think a bit more in this game, which is all good as far as I'm concerned. Bit annoyed Chelsea have had their official kit swiped by those pesky Mancs though.:mad: I really can't think of too many negatives, apart from the usual, and thats that multiplayer is ten times more enjoyable than single player, but thats always been the case. The new International qualification thing is class as well, a chance to right Stan's wrongs!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

I have only been palying it a couple of days but i really like it, i think the passing most notably the circle button is very slick as i love switching the play from side to side, and considering the wing backs seem to fly up and down the flanks makes attacking more realistic!!
    Another major thing they have improved on thankfully is there is less free kicks, the ref plays advantage most of the time rather than stopping and starting, also the sly tackles are a bit more realistic and its cool when you track back and win a ball and the crowd starts clapping and cheering!!!

the passing will take some getting used to.........but im sure once its mastered will be better than what went before

Oh, and shots are really really difficult. They always balloon them...

• Advertisement

" They always balloon them"

when shooting you have to keep your finger on L2 to give the shot more precision than power, im finding its working im really testing the keeper, not exactly beating him yet to be honest but hopefully it will happen once i get the hang of it, anyone else find this works quite well too?

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Reganio 2 wrote:
    What console was this on sounds brilliant.
    Try PES on fix master league mode takes a while to get into but when you do its brilliant. I do it as Riise and it stops you beating teams with ease the most I have ever won is 4-0 in the second division but it is seriously great fun. Have you ever played soccer life on the PS2 it sounds a bit like the game you mentioned you sign a player to a youth club then he gets called up to a pro team and he meets women and you have to keep them intrested in you. When you are playing a match you only control your player and you have to try press X at the right time or you will not score. Its not a brilliant game but its alright.

It was on the N64.
    Soccer Life sounds like its an expansion of the mode in Iss2000 all right. Footie bit sounds a bit cack, but apparently they're making a Soccer Life 2 so we'll wait and see how that turns out. In a perfect world we'd have a soccer game with the managerial depth of FM2007, the individual player bit of Iss2000 and Soccer Life and the on-the-pitch antics of Pro Evo with an option to turn on/off each segment at your leisure. Ah well, guess only solution is to buy them all and play as the same teams or something!

Also the shooting is ridiculous. I've done the same thing loads of times, run down the wing, get to corner, dribble inside across the box and balloon over the bar from 10 yards. Couple of times I've even slowed the player down and let him take it easy and still happens. But if I shoot from outside the box or at the corner it flies in or at least goes on target. Its like playing as Arsenal against CSKA Moscow ALL THE TIME! :mad:

when shooting you have to keep your finger on L2 to give the shot more precision than power, im finding its working im really testing the keeper, not exactly beating him yet to be honest but hopefully it will happen once i get the hang of it, anyone else find this works quite well too?

L2 does nothing in way of actual control, R2 helps but aiming and shooting on the players prefered foot are a better way of shooting.

Shooting is a lot better in PES5 then prvious games, altho there is a sweet spot :(

kdjac

R2, you mean? I'm doing that. Got a bit better today. By merely tapping the shoot button.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

L2 only controls tactics doesnt it?

evad_lhorg wrote:

yup

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

evad_lhorg wrote:

no

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

ah now grumpy no need to be lying

• Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

no

expalin yourself :p

• Advertisement

Sorry lads i did mean R2.......not L2 as posted previously.
    With ronaldinho and other decent players, once you get them on their good foot and in a decent position a tap of the square button seems quite effective too.....in saying that i started online gaming for the first time last night and lost 3 and won 2, the 3 i lost i got well beaten in,once you go a couple goals down the floodgates seem to open, anyone else find this?

Advertisement