Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 6 - Are People Impressed???

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

apart from R2, any way to score on the turn. They seem to balloon the ball if on the turn...unless your shevshenko or adriano from 6 yards...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Trilla wrote:
    apart from R2, any way to score on the turn. They seem to balloon the ball if on the turn...unless your shevshenko or adriano from 6 yards...
    I love the shooting in this game! I love the confidence you get when you know you're over the ball properly. If you're running onto a sideways pass at the edge of the box or if you've managed to sprint into some space on your good foot, you can mash the power bar almost the whole way and bury the ball in the roof of the net before the keeper even thinks about moving. Fastest shots I've ever seen in a pro evo game :)
    Of course the flipside of this is that if you're leaning back and stabbing at it, you'll balloon it over. It seems timing is much more important, if you turn a defender right outside the six yard box, and then give yourself a moment to regain balance, then chances are you'll score.

But if you're being seriously hassled by a defender tugging and pushing, then it doesn't matter where you are or what angle you're at, you'll hit a crap shot. It's the same with passes, which might be why I've seen people complain about the passing so much. If you wait until your marker is right on top of you, you'll make a bad pass, but if you pass when you're still in space, it'll be good.

And I think the keepers are much better now. They hold onto the ball much better than in 5. In fact they're almost too good at diving and catching blistering shots. Oh, and headers feel much nicer now. Your man still goes for it even if he's not going to get it, and headed shots actually go on target now, instead of over the bar EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's not the cross-fest that PES4 was, but you score much more from crosses than in 5.

To sum up, I would say it's all about timing and space :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Conor83

Its still a good game, I much prefer it to fifa and the addition of the refs allowing the advantage rule and returning to book players really lets the game flow. Havent got an option file yet cause to be honest im not sure how to added it to the game so the classic players wreak my head, trying to figure out who they are is a nightmare. But overall as a game I find it challening. I did notice however if you save the game after winning a semifinal you can replay the final as many times as you want and build up PES points rapidly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Haven't played this since ISS on the N64 and after getting this for the 360, I'm glued to it. Tis just an amazing series of games altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Only really gave PES6 a good going over last night after getting it since it's release. PAtched it with Kitserver / stadia etc... and started a League.
    All I can say is.... WOW! IT's simply the best footie sim out there.
    Having played PES since PES2, I really think PES6 is a good leap from PES5. It's the small little things - player movement and ball control are greatly improved. The sense of 'what could happen next' off the ball bounce is supurb. I'll deffo get another solid year of this til PES 7 :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement