Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I have textual relationships more and more..

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

seems to be working here

edit: here's the bundle info:

If you text a lot, you can save money by purchasing your texts in bulk. You pay once a month & receive a 'text bundle'. For 5c text, buy 400 texts for €20 (saving over €23 each & every month), for 5.5c text, buy 300 texts for €16.50 (Pay monthly only), for 6c text, buy 200 texts for €12 or for 7.5c text, buy 100 texts for €7.50. You can text any mobile on an Irish network. The only exceptions are international, roaming and premium texts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Aren't meteor cheaper than every network, in every respect?

Probably.

They're the most under-rated network in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

tried Meteor, thought they were ****. network always down, patchy coverage etc. etc.

could have been just me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Thanks to Meteor that majority of my communication with people is through sms. Although I do still make calls, but sometimes messages are just far more convenient.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Some people say that Mossy Monk, I don't get it though.

I have always had coverage, perfect coverage. There is also that deal they have with O2 to share their coverage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Where's this calculator thing to see how many messages you've sent/received?

It's different for different phones.
    Mine is in call register, message counters.
    Nokia 3510i

There is also that deal they have with O2 to share their coverage...

this is true but my coverage with O2 is much better for some reason

I would imagine O2 put meteor customers on a much lower priority than O2 customers when things get busy.
    Random guess!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

yes
    Mossy Monk wrote:
    tried Meteor, thought they were ****. network always down, patchy coverage etc. etc.

could have been just me
    when did you do this? their coverage was crap years ago but its fine now. and there can be problems with phones too. i always have perfect coverage but my mate around the corner (about 100 metres) can barely make a call

I would imagine O2 put meteor customers on a much lower priority than O2 customers when things get busy.
    Random guess!
    Actually the roaming deal meteor have with O2 is for certain cells only.
    Most of Wicklow has no or patchy meteor coverage and you are not allowed to roam on o2 there even if you have no meteor coverage.
    Thats something even the meteor biddies deny when rung but it is the case :(

Hence I'm on three and never ever a problem.

i changed from Meteor to O2 in the summer
    using the exact same handset too
    best move i ever made

I know people near the m50 that had to move from o2 to Voda due to poor coverage.

Meh-I rarely text but when I do they are long ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

More chat about mobile schtuff that the OT, so moved. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Phone one: Sent 2039(I use free web txt up every month)
    Received: 4352

Second phone: Sent 254(use free txt every month as well)
    Received 270

Seems more people txt me than I txt them! haha! God Im popular!!:D

Only joking, I send around 600 txt per month on the free txt so 300 for each phone!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Ok, I have had my phone for 8 months and use it all the time for txtin.

Sent:40888
    Recieved:41828

so you send over 170 messages a day, every day...ooook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

so you send over 170 messages a day, every day...ooook.

Ehh yeah about that. Meteors free txts are coming in a treat, if only they were for all the phone networks :)

Advertisement