Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business postal address?

Options
  • 26-10-2006 2:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

Someone was asking me how would they go about setting up a postal address just for receiving mail for a business as he doesn't have an office.

I said he could get a P.O. Box number, but he said that looks dodgy.

Any other ideas how he could do this? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

http://www.regus.ie/go/virtualoffice?ls=1

seems very pricey but you get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Have a look at Mail Boxes Etc http://www.mbe.uk.com/. They've a couple of branches in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

How about changing your current address a bit? Just add the word office before your house number and then business or retail park after your estate name:D I'm sure you'd still get your mail, just let the post office know:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Great plan! I wonder if postie would be amused thou?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Bond-007 wrote:
    http://www.regus.ie/go/virtualoffice?ls=1

seems very pricey but you get what you pay for.
    id recommend these guys as there all over the world and my cousins use them in the uk and they have great facilities

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Hmmmmmmm, on regus.ie it's €118.75 per year, I think that's ok ! But they only have 2 offices in Dublin City Center.

mbe.uk.com are dearer at € 243.00 per year.

BreadBoard wrote:
    Hmmmmmmm, on regus.ie it's €118.75 per year, I think that's ok ! But they only have 2 offices in Dublin City Center.

yes there only in the top places in the world.there in the best areas like king street manchester.and they are not that over priced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

BreadBoard wrote:
    Someone was asking me how would they go about setting up a postal address just for receiving mail for a business as he doesn't have an office.

I'd love to know how your mate is running a legal company when he "doesn't have an office"?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'm sure he just meant he doesn't have a rented office space in a building. He probably has hit office in his house which is perfectly fine.

Cantab. wrote:
    I'd love to know how your mate is running a legal company when he "doesn't have an office"?

He works from home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

I remember when I started up from the home, I put 'unit' in front of the house number to make it look official. As such it was

Unit 123 Someplace Road,
    Suburb,
    Dublin xy

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 amir

BreadBoard wrote:

Hi,
    Is it possible to register tax, cro etc with mailbox address? For example from mbe?

Cantab. wrote:

what a stupid question.my 3 cousins in the uk are running a very legit and very well run company through regus offices in dubai, london and manchester
    and from there company in manchester alone they have a lambo gallardo,bentley flying spur, and m5 the new one.
    you donot need your own office as they guys give great factilties and it actually looks and sounds better.

amir wrote:
    Hi,
    Is it possible to register tax, cro etc with mailbox address? For example from mbe?
    Nah I doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 amir

drdre wrote:
    what a stupid question.my 3 cousins in the uk are running a very legit and very well run company through regus offices in dubai, london and manchester
    and from there company in manchester alone they have a lambo gallardo,bentley flying spur, and m5 the new one.
    you donot need your own office as they guys give great factilties and it actually looks and sounds better.

did they need physical office to register company or they have also registered on virtual office?

amir wrote:
    did they need physical office to register company or they have also registered on virtual office?

amir i am not 100% sure about that i would think they might have registered it to there home address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭OTK

A PO box number looks terrible and some major couriers (DHL) won't even deliver to them. If you want to tender for some business and your address looks like 31 Oakville Crescent, Dublin 17 then you look like you're trading from your bedroom and that you're too small to deliver a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

A PO box is a horrific idea IMO. I ran my previous business from home without any issues.
    If you want to tender for some business and your address looks like 31 Oakville Crescent, Dublin 17 then you look like you're trading from your bedroom and that you're too small to deliver a service.

I'm not trying to make you out to be a liar as im sure this happens somtimes, but I had no issues whatsoever using my home address in Clondalkin. It was an IT\Multimedia consulting company. Clients ranged from 3d animation studios to 70year old men learning to blog. None of them had an (obvious) issue with my address and we did lots of repeat business too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

A PO box is a horrific idea IMO. I ran my previous business from home without any issues.

Agreed PO Box is a bad idea. No disadvantage to running things from home unless you have people coming to visit. Your home address at least exists.
    I registered all my business stuff from home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 chodges84

BreadBoard wrote:

I couldn't see anything that cheap on Regus. They are priced per month, but still seem competitive.

Mailboxes etc is good for me as there is one just down the road. PO Boxes always look unprofessional in my opinion and would shy away from ordering from a company that uses them.

• Advertisement

regus dont give po box numbers,they let you use there full address.

Advertisement