Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mobile work in Australia?

• 26-10-2006 2:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm in the States at the moment, and despite getting Meteor to enable roaming over here and in Australia, my phone doesn't work here! I assume it is because it was the cheapest model I could buy last year and is not triband (didn't think about this until now). My SIM receives texts when I put it in my brother's more advanced model.

If my old Nokia is not triband, will it work in Australia, or do you need a triband for there as well?

Also, my brother and father are unable to charge their phones over there - we have travel adaptors that work with other electric devices, but the phone chargers are not getting any 'juice' through them. Any ideas? Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

What kind of a Nokia is it? I don't think you need a tri-band phone for Oz but can't be sure. I never got a proper charge when using those travel adapters and ended up picking up an American charger in Radioshack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

dual band works in Oz too
    Adapter worked for me in Oz. They're 3 pin round, we're 3 pin square
    If you intend using voice services in Oz, check out the savings you could make on O2 roaming compared with Meteor - €3 / minute. Half an hour's roaming could buy you a decent Nokia:D

Advertisement