Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas Dinner Out

• 26-10-2006 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Does anybody know of any Hotels or Restaurants that are open for Christmas? Due to a family bereavement we don’t want to be at home this xmas… we fancy dining out, it’s the less painful option. I've tried all around the South East, All I found was the Newpark in Kilkenny and its fully booked:( Any suggestions welcome…

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

The Majestic, in Tramore used to do a three day package from Christmas Eve to Stephens Day. Not sure if they still do.
    EDIT
    And check The Sands in tramore too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

We had xmas dinner in the Grand hotel in Tramore one xmas as there was a power cut on xmas eve and nothing had come back by xmas morning, so no way were we sitting around eating sandwiches xmas day.

Wasnt half bad too.. Most hotels would be open at some stage I'm sure.

Try Faithlegg House hotel, Tower Hotel, Granville, Dooleys, Manor House Hotel in Waterford.

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭benny

hmmmmmmmm interesting,let me know what you find,Ive been wanting to have christmas dinner in a hotel for years, havent found one yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Blue Taurus

benny wrote:
    hmmmmmmmm interesting,let me know what you find,Ive been wanting to have christmas dinner in a hotel for years, havent found one yet!
    Benny, I could not find any Hotel in Waterford that does dinner. A few Hotels in KIlkenny do it, we are booked into the Springhill Court. Hope its nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

I know someone who went to the Castle last yesr for christmas dinner .. so there probably open this year .. but id say its pricey ..

I think I have heard the esquire beside the grand in tramore is also open

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Blue Taurus

Jambo wrote:
    I know someone who went to the Castle last yesr for christmas dinner .. so there probably open this year .. but id say its pricey ..

I think I have heard the esquire beside the grand in tramore is also open

Tried the castle. Told they were closed. TBH anywhere is pricey for XMAS dinner out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭benny

Interesting! This year dinner is allready organized. Let me know how you get on , did you have to book for a few days or is it just for dinner?

Advertisement