Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bearded dragon Colour change

Options
  • 26-10-2006 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hey all

just a qustion for other beardie owners, we have our beardie a few months now n he seems happy enough eating away and loves to get out an about n run around n climb d furniture.

Just in the last couple of days he's started to change colour. he's usually a sand colour but the last 2 evenings ive noticed he gets darker, really black looking after a little while he reverts back to his normal colour.
    it seems to be the same time of evening as well.

just wondering if this is normal?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Very normal - sounds like you may have a little man - both my boys get black beards or when they are displaying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

The dark colouration may also be happening if he needs to heat himself up a bit, I know some reptiles do as darker colours attract more heat from the sun. I dont know that much about beardies having never kept them. Do they require a female to be in the vicinity to be displaying ? or would they do it as a territorial thing ? hmm starting to rabbit on a bit here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You do not need a female around for males to display - they will often head bob as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭tickledpinkfair

thanks for that was a little worried bout d colour change but other than that he seems happy out my mind is at ease now

Advertisement