Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Error message - help!!

• 26-10-2006 10:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭

I installed some software this morning which went well. However, during an update install explorer decided to crash on me and stopped the update install. When I look at remove programmes to see if the update installed it shows it has but I cant see how it did when it was halfway through. It also says the update can not be removed otherwise I would and then reinstall.

Now every time I use explorer it comes with this error message:

"mscifapp.exe - Application Error
    The instruction at 0x5a002d16 referenced memory at 0x00580024. Memory could not be read.

Click ok to terminate or cancel to debug"
    It usually takes me about 20 or 30 clicks on cancel etc to clear the error.

Friggin annoyng - can anyone help??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

What software did you install?
    After googling mscifapp.exe seems to be related to McAfee?

Have you tried booting in safe mode and removing the update that way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It looks like a file from McAfee Privacy Service, try disabling the program and see if it helps any.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭CraggyIslander

What happens if you try to install the update again?

Can you uninstall the program itself, that should also get rid of the updated files. Then start the install plus update again.

If it uses the windows installer, try the installer cleaner to remove the update from installed programs and apply it again http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Advertisement