Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird google earth image in limerick

Options
  • 26-10-2006 11:07am
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Came across this this morning while checking something, looks like a column of light near UL.

Any idea what it is? Aliens? Fireworks? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

I think it can be explained by light reflecting off a glass house. There used to be another one over in Annacotty, but I've seen them all over the world.

The extended exposure and other techniques they use for taking pictures facilitate this column of light.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I see you are part of the alien cover up conspiracy. ;)

I'm a google earth novice, thanks for the info. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

speaking of google earth over limerick. The Pics got updated.
    Where I work we got an extension to our carpark a few weeks back
    and it appears on google earth now.
    The res is still the same though.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

Its a church on Monaleen Hill, bit wierd, ha

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

They're all over the place. There's one in my back garden. I think it's just light reflecting off the conservatory, though. Definitely not there in reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

yeah i've come across quite a few. have a look at the national aquatic centre or connolly station in dublin for more!!!
    anybody have any idea if there's a page that keeps you updated on additions to GE? which towns are being added, and when?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭FREEBBC

IceHawk wrote:
    They're all over the place. There's one in my back garden. I think it's just light reflecting off the conservatory, though. Definitely not there in reality.
    i thought it is a missile :D no i think its a firework

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

^^ just look at the google earth forum on boards
    they would be the 1st to know if theres additions

Advertisement