Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunmore Cave

• 26-10-2006 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭

Any one been???

Whats it like.
    Thinking of going

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,658 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Was there ages ago. Interesting and well presented as caves go. Some quite interesting history, stalagmites/tites etc. Caves not my favourite places - all that rock above my head - but generally Dunmore worth a visit if you like caves:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Was there years ago made my dad brings us one Sunday 'cause we were bored. i think we went to Knocktopher Abbey the same day and stood at the back of an american tour listening to the guide

I went through a cave phase when I was younger. the Aluwee (sorry spelling) Caves in Co. Clare I was really impressed with those

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

watsgone wrote:
    Any one been???

Whats it like.
    Thinking of going
    I was there years ago (early 90s) and they were really impressive I thought. Much better than the Ailwee Caves but they're privately run and are thus heavily marketed and sold unlike the Duchas run Dunmore Caves.
    In my opinion they are a hidden gem of Kilkenny and are well worth a visit. Think they improved the visitor facilities a lot in recent years though I've not been there since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Maharet

I was up there a couple of years ago and it's very good. The visitor centre was newly done then, so it was very nice and the tour was good, the history of what the cave was used for and what happened there is very intresting. :)

Advertisement