Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Agr... How do you get the smell of milk out of the car.

Options
  • 26-10-2006 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Sorry about this, its abit abnormal.

I bought a drum of milk last night, put it on the floor on the car in the back, got home to discover that 1/4 of it had leak out from the cap that was opened.

I got hot water and clothes and tried to clean it out. It was dark. Got in it this morning and the smell would knock you out.

Has anyone please got any ideas for me.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

my missus uses febreeze to get rid of all the kids little smells in the car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Jood

I browsed around I found these....

I used diluted vinegar in my car to get rid of the milk smell. My car smelled like vinegar for approx. 2 days but after that there was no residual milk or vinegar smell! It did not stain or discolor my car's interior either.

Try dampening the area where the milk spilled and then sprinkling with fresh, unused coffee grounds and leave for at least a couple of hours (overnight would probably be better), then vacuum (or, for our UK friends, hoover) up the coffee grounds

cat litter may help with the smell . You could try vinegar in water and sponge where the milk was . (08/30/2006)

Taken from Thrifyfun.com

Sprinkle a whole box of baking soda in there, let it sit for a couple of days, then vacuum.

Put baking soda on it & if that dont work, put some good carpet cleaner liquid on it , work it in good, then use a shop vac to suck it up. but after that, you may want to clean the whole carpet! lol good luck! ps--- leave the soda on for a while, perhaps for 1-hrs or maybe just a little longer. use a car vac to clean up the left over

Taken form Yahoo.com

Hope this helps........good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Your a legend I have been googling but cant find anything like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

crunchy nut cornflakes

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i think you'd get a better answer in some sort of cleaning forum (maybe parenting because they're used to cleaning up messes). it doesn't really have much to do with cars

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Jood

kluivert wrote:
    Your a legend I have been googling but cant find anything like that.

No problem glad to be of service, you could also try a product called Napisan, I mean if it takes the stink out of cotton nappies and is gentle enough to be used for babies then its not going to ruin your interior.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Cut a few onions in half and leave them in the car, neutralises the smell, works 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

The guys in the office said the same thing there before lunch.

Ill try all of the above, I hear baking soda is good cleaning product

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

CILLIT BANG...it claims to do everything else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

C_Breeze wrote:
    crunchy nut cornflakes
    you are not funny smart arse:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Lex Luthor wrote:
    CILLIT BANG...it claims to do everything else

Barry Scott cannot be wrong! :D

To OP, it might be worth trying a bit of "Shake n Vac" also or something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

C_Breeze wrote:
    crunchy nut cornflakes

:o LOL!

Theres a product called GYMSUDS available from kids clothes retailer Gymboree.
    I think theres a branch in Grafton St and in Liffey Valley S.C. In Dublin

Anyway this GYMSUDS cleans and neutralises the smell. Apparently its great for getting rid of the smell of kids puke from the car so it should be ok for milk

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i was listening to ray d'arcy's show on today fm this morning and a listener had written in asking how to get milk out of a car. was that you? :)

or maybe your wife. they gave a girl's name beginning with T (not going to post it here)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 RossoRed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Try a steam cleaner - it should lift out the milk from the carpet. May take a couple of attempts. Mightn't help with the smell for a few days, though - you might be driving with the windows open for a while!!!

Best of luck with it - possibly one of the worst things to get out of the carpet (especially when it's warm!).

Advertisement