Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway Dentist

• 26-10-2006 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all, I'm new to Galway and want to find a good dentist (preferably in city centre / close suburbs) Anyone have any good experiences ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

I use this dentist

Mcgee Liam
    Unit 2 Laurence House Merchants Road, Galway

Very friendly, helpfull with querys and most importantly of all wont do unnessecary work unlike a couple of other dentists around Galway who just want your cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I use Dr. Gerard Gallagher on Lower Cross St (091 564272).
    I found him good to deal with and he didn't seem to be doing anything unnecessary.
    I also found the practice very helpful when dealing with PRSI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's one behind MacIsaac's on Bridge Street. A friend went and thought it was good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 harrypothead

thats great guys, thanks for your help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭Fey!

I used to go to the guy behind MacIsaacs, but have stopped (there were 2 there in one building, but the guy I used moved to Barna and the other guy left me 3 months waiting for a date to get a wisdom tooth removed).

Now with FX O'Brien on Forster St (beside the church). Wisdom tooth out inside a week! Tends to explain things as he goes along, not too expensive, and will show you how to brush your teeth properly!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I use Doctor Conor Lally, his practise is just beside the docks. Great craic, very professional, and very reasonably priced!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

I just bought some new pliers last week - I'll do you a good deal! ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ?banned?

padi89 wrote:
    I use this dentist

Mcgee Liam

Very friendly, helpfull with querys and most importantly of all wont do unnessecary work unlike a couple of other dentists around Galway who just want your cash.

My friends a dental nurse in there - she's worked in loads of places in galway and reckons thats the best. Plus I've gone to almsost every dentist she's worked for, just for the comfort of having my mate there while I'm in pain. I reckon they're the best I've been to!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Peter C

I have used Fiona Lyons on Bridge Street for the past couple of years since moving down from Dublin & find her great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

padi89 wrote:
    I use this dentist

Mcgee Liam

I used to be with this dentist about 5 years ago. He was defintely very friendly and didn't mind going to him. However got a crown done and it got infected while on holidays in NZ. Stuck in milford sound for 2 days as couldn't get out due to a storm. Man i cursed Liam Mcgee them days. Dentist in NZ said it wasnt done properly in the first place so had to redo it properly there. Cost half the price as well. Moved to the Gate Clinic in the docks now. Bit expensive but do a top job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

Liam mcGee is your man! I used to go to Madeline O'Relly and one day she nearly killed me,I've tried to block the memories,suffice to say that day was drill filled and saw filled and things that in my opinion are unnessacary when aquiring a filling that might I add I didn't need.It fell out and when i went to get a replacement my new dentist was like "you don't need a filling there!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

I used to be with this dentist about 5 years ago. He was defintely very friendly and didn't mind going to him. However got a crown done and it got infected while on holidays in NZ. Stuck in milford sound for 2 days as couldn't get out due to a storm. Man i cursed Liam Mcgee them days. Dentist in NZ said it wasnt done properly in the first place so had to redo it properly there. Cost half the price as well. Moved to the Gate Clinic in the docks now. Bit expensive but do a top job.

Ah well you'l always get an unhappy customer now and again.My bad experiences with a couple of other dentists around Galway, shoddy unnessecary work in very plush expensive clinics, led me here and i have had no problem since.Personally i cant complain.

Advertisement