Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

modding a p180

• 26-10-2006 12:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

hey guys,
    i'm thinking of buying an antec p180 and modding like so
    p18051dn.th.jpg
    to fit a triple radiator but i have very little knowledge of the inside of the case and was wondering if you can fit a radiator along the top or will it interfere with the motherboard near the ps2 slots.
    I've noticed this double radiator mod and was thinking of going along the same lines just with a triple radiator.
    http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=262&products_id=4269
    if you go onto images you'll see it in detail.
    Also the new antec 900 anybody know how this case might be watercooled cause the front fans seem blocked by hard drive cages.
    Any ideas on what to do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

I have a P180,,,air-cooled at present.
    I also have a bloody great Alphacool triple rad which I just test fitted. It will certainly not fit as it fouls the cpu socket and many other components on the board.
    A smaller (thinner) triple may fit but I'm guessing that you will find the same problems.
    A double will be a squeeze but if placed towards the front of the case it should be OK.

TBH you would be better off with another case for water cooling as the P180 is a bit tight with a stock set-up.

However...if you do go for it I insist you post some pics!

Advertisement