Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Being Romantic..

• 26-10-2006 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

This may not be in the right place but it is a personal issue for me. Im going away for a few nights with my girlfriend in a few weeks but im trying to think of ways to be romantic as possible with her. Can i have some suggestions please? I was thinking of calling the hotel and asking them to buy single rose's and spread them across the bed for me so that when we walk into the hotel bedroom she's get a nice surprise :) Maybe some chocolate on the bed aswell...

any ideas welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭free2fly

The roses are a nice idea. but watch out for the thorns if they are on the bed ;)

Candles and wine or champagne are also nice. And music too. Ask if the room has a CD player and bring some soft music. And that way the two of you can slow dance. That's wonderfuly romantic. Candles always work to set a romantic mood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I suppose it depends on what your purpose of the weekend away is & how your gf feels - but personally chocs & roses scattered over a bed doesn't say romance to me - it says "sex please!"....

If you want to be romantic take her out to dinner, have flowers delivered to the restaurant, have a picnic on the beach, pop a bottle of bubbly under the stars, etc, etc...

Then again - maybe your gf just wants you to curl up in the hotel room all weekend - only you know what her expectations are...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If there is a lake close by with a path a nice stroll is good in the evening, before coming back to a roaring fire and a glass of mulled wine.

Pretty much anything you do to make her feel comfortable and at ease will work.

Even though she knows yous are going away it could be nice to send her flowers at her workplace with a card saying you can't wait to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

After buying a jumbo pack of condoms once, I spelled out 'I LOVE YOU' on the bed for my darling girlfriend to find when she arrived home from work. She thought is was very funny but not too romantic!

Take your lady for dinner in a really nice restaurant, barrage her with compliments. Make the whole focus of everything you talk about on how she is great, looks great etc.

My own experience is the most romantic things I do are the ones that cost the least amount of money.

In general just flatter her at all possible oppotunities. My favourite Hotel was the Galway Bay Hotel, The view was super and all round setting was A1. She was putty in my hands...

*edit* Leave your mobile phones in the glove box for as long as ye are away.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Pamper her, make her feel special and loved. A nice walk around the hotel grounds if its in a nice area, maybe a meal outside nearby and then some cuddles later. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

ah gez...where did ye all hide out guys?? and here i was thinkn there were no romantic men at all in the world!! guess yer all just snapped up instead! hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

If there's a spa in the hotel, book her and yourself in for a massage (or facial). But make sure you do it now. Don't wait till you arive at the hotel as they tend to get pretty booked up at weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭watsgone

biko wrote:
    Even though she knows yous are going away it could be nice to send her flowers at her workplace with a card saying you can't wait to go.

The flowers would impress me for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Brend

have a picnic on the beach, pop a bottle of bubbly under the stars, etc, etc...

Where do you think you are.....its absolutly freezing cold and pissing with rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Brend wrote:
    Where do you think you are.....its absolutly freezing cold and pissing with rain.

I must have missed the bit where the OP said the hotel was here....along with your fine suggestions.

And who says it will be raining or cold at the weekend? Surely cold weather is a great excuse for a snuggle even if it is...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

The only way you can ever be Romantic is with your mouth and the words that come out (yes of course sometimes actions without words are amazing but I can't think of how to articulate that in a post)

Just tell her how you feel, how she makes you feel (which is why it's her on this weekend with you) and, of course, the times you have been, and will be through together.

It doesn't matter where you are or what your doing ,it's the simple pleasure of doing it together and making the most out of it that builds these memories together. So whatever happens, happens, just go with the flow of the weekend and smile , oh yes and of course keep up the compliments soldier.

Most importantly , please never , NEVER show this post to any of my mates, and enjoy the holiday.

Love,
    Fionn

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Think little personal things, not lavish. Give her a single rose, not several, and deliver it to her personally, not by the hotel. A candle light dinner in a quiet place? A walk hand-in-hand someplace picturesque? Row a boat for her in a lake followed by a picnic? A campfire on the beach at night? Write a poem for her from you? And never drink too much, just a glass or two, cause a drunk is never a romantic partner.

Advertisement